March 13, 2016

Oh Happy Days #7

I have to say, I sort of struggled this week finding things that made me happy. I think it was mainly because I've had a head cold all week and still feeling a little under the weather. But! Even with a crappy week behind you, there will always be at least a little happiness to be found.


 STRAWBERRIES- I've been craving strawberries for a while but since they weren't in season they were ridiculously priced at the grocery store and I just couldn't bring myself to pay so much for them. You can imagine my excitement when I bought groceries the other day and saw the strawberries were significantly cheaper! Had to buy myself two cartons! 

 GETTING OFF WORK AT 3:30PM- For the past few months I had to cut my work shifts down to 9-330 everyday due to my back acting up. I've never been as grateful for these shorter shifts as I have been this past week! It must be because my belly is getting bigger and putting extra pressure on my back but my god its been uncomfortable!

 BEING MENTIONED ON JESS' BLOG- It truly makes my day when I see people viewing and commenting on my blog. It just blows me away when another blogger takes the time to mention my blog on theirs! Jess from the blog Jess In Retrospect included me in her 'Blogs To Check Out' list and I couldn't be more grateful :) So thank you very much and everyone be sure to head over there and check out her blog!  

 FRESH FLOWERS ON THE TABLE- I love having fresh flowers in the house. It makes it feel a little more Springy in here. I saw some beautiful dyed flowers at the grocery store and I just had to get them! 

 OUR STROLLER/CAR SEAT ARRIVED- Last week I mentioned that we bought the stroller/car seat combo we were wanting for a really great price. Well this week it finally came and we set it all up and I just cannot wait to start going for walks!! Having the car seat now makes me feel like there's a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Even if we don't quite have everything yet, at least I know I can get the baby home from the hospital! 

 CRAIG'S FAMILY VISITING- We were aware that Craig's sister and her husband and children were coming up to visit this weekend but we didn't know his mom was also coming! So she ended up staying here with us for two nights. It was a very nice surprise :)





A Glass Of Ice is our blog of the week! 
A gorgeous lady by the name of Gabrielle runs this blog and I can say it's one of my absolute favorites, hands down! She blogs a little of everything from travel to fashion and beauty. I love her hotel wishlist posts which always leave me wanting to visit basically every one she mentions! And her recent chewy chocolate chip cookie post left my mouth watering. Please be sure to head on over there and check out her blog! :)

34 comments:

  1. I think it's a really great idea to think about the good points of your week and not focus on the negative! Visit from family and sweet treats are definitely a perk to enjoy!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I completely agree that there is always happiness to be found, no matter how bad you might be feeling. It definitely helps stay positive. I love Gabrielle's blog! Love seeing her featured here. :)

    Via Sora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes for sure! :) Isn't her blog great!?

      Delete
  3. Hope you have a much better week next week. It's such a great thing to find happy little bits of the week, it makes even the grottiest of times feel a bit better.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Michelle! :) It really does make the week seem better trying to pick out all of the happy bits!

      Delete
  4. Love strawberries too! Unfortunately, the only good ones in Europe are only available during the hottest summer days. That's when you can even buy them from random farme shops in every neighbourhood :)

    Have a nice Sunday! xx

    WONDERWALLFLOWER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I would hate not being able to get strawberries most of the year!

      Delete
  5. I'm still waiting for the strawberries to be in season here and then I'll be enjoying our home grown Belgian strawberries for the rest of summer - as will my hammy, he's quite partial to a strawberry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! I would love to grow my own strawberries!!

      Delete
  6. Glad I made your week a little better! :) I think this is such a good idea, dedicating a post to the good things and only focusing on the positives! Oh and I wish we had decent strawberries over here! They are getting cheaper but they just taste meh.. roll on summer!! :) xx

    Jess in Retrospect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point I think if our strawberries tasted bad i'd still be eating them! haha thecravingsarereal

      Delete
  7. I've been eating my weight in strawberries since they came back to the markets. Like, seriously, I cannot get enough. Also, daffodils are sitting on my table so that is two happy things we have in common. :D

    aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum!! I could eat them all day long! :)

      Delete
  8. Such a good idea listing the happy points of your week, it's something we could all do more of!

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love that smile quote. It's so true! I always love reading posts like this...I'm so nosey and love seeing what makes other people happy! :)

    xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to hear that!

    http://thedanieloriginals.com
    Instagram: danielpoonvignez

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great!
    Would you like to follow each other? If yes, follow me and leave a comment and I follow back as soon as I see it :)
    astbakay.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving reading so many happy lists this weeks. It cheers me up just hearing what brightens your day :) x

    http://ditsysprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading these kinds of posts also :)

      Delete
  13. This is such a positive post - I love it! :) It's such a good idea to reflect back on your week and look at the bright side of it. That's awesome you got to get off work early, I'm sure that was really lovely!

    xx
    Kendra | Stnkrbug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! :) Its been wonderful getting off earlier lately !

      Delete
  14. I totally share your excitement on finding strawberries for cheaper prices at last- yay! And I'm loving having fresh flowers in the house, at the moment we have daffodils and they always make me cheerful :)

    Hollie | Hollieshighlights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your cold has gone now, Renee, and I hope this week has been better for you! It's so exciting that you've got your stroller and car seat now :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Its just about gone!

      Delete
  16. Oh thank you so much for featuring me as your blog of the week Renee! Your kind words have totally made my weekend :) I've loved reading your blog over this past year and getting to know you, I always look forward to your comments! Thanks again!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw glad I could make your weekend! :) :)

      Delete
  17. Glass of Ice is definitely a nice blog :)

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete