March 4, 2016

Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation


























Today I wanted to share with you all the foundation I've been using for the past 2 months or so. The Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hr Foundation. This is by no means my new 'Holy Grail' foundation but I did like it enough to keep wearing it for almost 2 months so it's not bad!

QUICK OVERVIEW
The girl at the beauty counter in Shoppers matched me to the shade 100 Ivory. At first after she did my makeup in store and I had walked out with the foundation I thought I made a huge mistake. It looked waay too dark and just not pretty at all. I went home and took it off and reapplied it myself and thankfully I realized the girl just didn't bother to blend it in properly and had it on way too thick. The color ended up being okay.

The packaging is nice. It has a pump which I know everyone appreciates! I wouldn't even begin to tell you that it actually lasts for 25 hours-who would have their makeup on that long?- but i'd say it lasts a good portion of the day. Its pretty matte and it does cling to a couple of my dry patches around my nose but I hardly ever use moisturizer before applying so that's probably my own fault!

HOW IT LOOKS
Excuse my bare face in this picture but I wanted to show before and after photos ( it seriously drives me crazy when beauty bloggers review foundation, etc and never show what it actually looks like!)


So thats before and the next picture shows how the foundation looks with just one coat. Also take note I am not wearing any moisturizer or primer before applying the foundation. This is just plain foundation on my face.


So as you can see you can notice that it clings to a few dry patches around my face. But you know, someone who actually knows how to apply makeup properly could probably make this foundation look 100 times better! I think i'd be better suited with a more dewy foundation but every time I try one out I find I just end up looking extremely greasy! I will gladly take any recommendations for any dewy foundations you guys like to use.

OVERALL
It may not be the best foundation for me but I do quite like it. The color matches well, it does an alright job of evening out my skin tone and its fairly cheap. I would definitely purchase it again.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU'VE EVER TRIED THIS FOUNDATION

ALSO DON'T FORGET I AM RUNNING A GIVEAWAY ON SOME REALLY NICE LIVE CLEAN PRODUCTS! 
THERE'S ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT TO ENTER!!


10 comments:

  1. this sounds really good! Rimmel are one of the best drugstore brands by far x
    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/frost.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I never used to like Rimmel very much but I definitely do now!

      Delete
  2. Considering you didn't moisturise or use a primer, this foundation looks really good. :) x

    http://ditsysprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it actually looks quite nice! Thanks for the review, I think it's something I may pick up if it's ever on sale. (: x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never tried this foundation although I really like how natural it looks on you :D
    JADE X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what I always look for in a foundation! I like it natural looking!

      Delete
  5. the foundation looks good! right now I am using Maybelline's Better Skin foundation and concealer and I love them so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ou I haven't heard of those. Are they new? I'll have to check them out :)

      Delete