March 20, 2016

So long Winter...


























And Hello to Spring! Happy first day of Spring guys! I really wish it were the end of cold snowy days but I have a feeling we aren't going to be so lucky just yet! That's alright though, I actually didn't really mind the Winter this year. We didn't have nearly as much snow as last year and to me it seemed like every time we did have a snowstorm, it rained soon after and the snow would melt!

Anyway, Spring is here! And with the new season I thought I would set myself a few little goals. Nothing specific really, just some things to work towards:

Spring clean- We actually don't even have that much in our apartment so a Spring cleaning won't be too hard but I really want to go through the kitchen cupboards and get rid of any old food and things we don't need. I'd also like to repaint the cupboards and freshen them up a little. I think I may also go through my clothes again and get rid of anything I haven't worn in the past few months.

Make sure everything is ready to go for baby- This is an important season guys. We're going to have a new little addition in less than 10 weeks! I want to make sure everything is ready to go by then. We have all of the big purchases but we still need to pick up some little things like blankets and bottles and whatnot.

Happiness- Don't take this the wrong way, I have a million and one things to feel happy about, but lately I'm just finding it a little hard to hold on to that happiness. As some of you know, I deal with bouts of anxiety at times and sometimes-like now- the anxiety and stress I feel just completely consumes me. I don't really feel like getting into everything that's been bothering me lately though. All I can say is that Craig has been amazing as usual to help me along and I'm sure it'll pass soon. Anyway, my goal for this Spring is to really work on not letting things bring me down so much and keep holding on to whatever makes me feel happy. With a new baby on the way i'm sure it won't be too difficult :)

Are you happy Spring has finally arrived!? 
What are some of your goals?

18 comments:

  1. That's a good goal to not let things bring you down as much. Also, good luck with the baby in ten weeks. I bet it's going to be a wonderful experience to see the baby the first time.

    Heba xx || The Heba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't wait :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed winter this year, it's been less wet and a lot warmer than usual, so although I'm happy to see spring come along, I'm in no hurry to say goodbye to winter. I do wish we'd had some good snow though.

    I keep thinking about a spring clean, but we had a good clear out before Christmas so I think I can hold on a little longer, maybe I'll have an autumn clean :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Winter really wasn't all that bad this year either compared to last year but it still seems neverending! Just today we had more snow plus hail and freezing rain!

      Delete
  3. From where I am, we only have the summer and rainy season. I've always wondered how it feels to have four and am particularly curious about fall and winter but then again I can't blame everyone for looking forward to spring. I hope you feel more happy and less stressed so I'm sending some positivity your way!

    Anne's Scribbles and Doodles | Instagram | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much :) Only having summer and a rainy season sounds lovely but I think I would miss Fall and Winter if I didn't have them anymore!

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited for your baby! Gonna be a Spring Baby! How wonderful! <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that it's finally spring!! I seriously can't wait for warmer weather since it's been such a cold winter! It's so great that you have goals for the spring - I love having goals to keep me motivated. I definitely want to go through and do some spring cleaning as well! And ohmygosh I cannot believe that your baby is due in less than 10 weeks, that's so exciting! :)

    xx
    Kendra | Stnkrbug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh me too!! Bring on the warm weather! I can't believe how fast time is going! They'll be here before I know it :)

      Delete
  6. what pretty colorful flowers! its still snowing where I am at! I am excited for warm weather!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! We just had snow and freezing rain the other day!

      Delete
  7. I'm so happy that Spring is here, we've had a couple of brighter days recently but it's back to being boring and overcast today! I can't believe that the little one is due so soon, it feels like you only announced it last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its rainy and grey here today as well, but at least its melting away the snow! And I know! Time seems to be flying by!!

      Delete
  8. Your blog is so lovely! Eeeee congratulations on the new addition, it can be such a hectic, although exciting, and unreal time! I had my little boy last May and nothing seemed real at all for me! I hope you feel better soon, anxiety is a nasty thing, but you are definitely not alone in this. Give yourself lots of lovely breaks! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) You are so right, everything does seem a little surreal!

      Delete
  9. I love a good spring clean! I've been trying to clear my things out recently and it's so therapeutic. I can't believe it's less than ten weeks until your little one arrives, so exciting! It sounds like you know what you need so I'm sure you'll be prepared by then :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I finished my kitchen cupboards the other day and it felt great! Next on the list is my closet! I can't believe its so soon either! eek!

      Delete