May 17, 2016

Day Trip | Peggy Of The Cove Museum

There's a small village not too far from where we live called Peggy's Cove. It's one of the main tourist attractions in Nova Scotia. Craig and I have been there more times than I could ever count. While its a great spot - a cute little fishing village that leads to huge rocks surrounding a lighthouse- the drive getting to Peggy's Cove is also beautiful and has a few little places along the way that are definitely worth seeing. One of these places is the Peggy of the Cove Museum. Everytime we passed by this museum we always said 'we need to go there!". Its definitely eye catching...


























So yesterday we decided to make a day of it and stop by the museum to see what it was all about. It was completely different than I expected to be honest with you. I thought this museum would be all things Peggy related, and it sort of was, but most of it was made up. You see, "Peggy of the Cove" is a legend. The only bit of truth anyone really knows is that back in the 1800s there was a ship wreck. There were people on that ship. Legend states that the only survivor was a young girl who was pulled ashore, couldn't remember her name so everyone called her Peggy and she started living with a family in the village. The owner of this house/museum is a man named Ivan who has written two books with his own Peggy tale. That's basically what this museum was about. His "made up" story. We weren't disappointed though. He was an amazing story teller and had his own fantastic artwork and photography hanging around.
























































This photo is amazing. He took this a while back and someone else actually pointed something out to him. In the middle of the wave it looks like there's an image of a woman. Can you see it?

The house/museum is actually his family home so a lot of the items left in the house were old things his family used to own.




























We ended up staying at the museum for an hour! Even though his facts weren't all true, it was still really interesting. After that we continued on our drive.


























That's the little village and lighthouse of Peggy's Cove. We didn't turn up that way because like I said, we've been there more than a few times!


























This is a restaurant we pass by all the time and I always said I wanted to eat there (I love trying out new restaurants!) so we decided to stop in and try it. The food was really good and the waitress, who I think may have been the owner, was super nice too. I ordered a fish burger and fries and Craig ordered the fish and chips. The food was massive! I felt a little bad because it looked like I left so much food on my plate but really, I ate a lot!

And even though our bellies were already bursting with food, we needed to stop for an ice cream! What's a day trip without ice cream?























Craig's huge ice cream compared to mine! I just love Heavenly Hash! My favorite ice cream. 

DO YOU ENJOY TAKING SMALL DAY TRIPS? WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this looks like so much fun! Day trips are the best. You feel like you got away for a bit and then are able to come home and relax in your own bed. And that last photo - you're making me want ice cream and it isn't even noon yet!

    Via Sora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Day trips are definitely my favorite! :) Its never too early for ice cream!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, the Museum looks wonderful! I love the look from the outside, it's so cool! I wish we had a museum like that, so rustic <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mural on the building is so beautiful!

      Delete
  3. This looks like such a cute museum! I love the legend behind it!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete