June 8, 2016

LIFE | My 26th Birthday + 1 Week Old

Its my birthday.

It really doesn't feel like my birthday though. Too much has been going on this past week to have things feel 'normal' at the moment. 

But its my birthday none the less. 

I'm 26 today and feeling pretty happy. I received the greatest birthday present of all one week ago and to be honest there's nothing else in this world I could want that would even come close to making me so happy. 

Although one other great thing happened today. I finally had the catheter removed from my bladder- yay- so that's awesome. (you guys weren't aware that I needed a take home catheter after giving birth. I was thinking on writing a labour and delivery post soon, if you'd be interested)

So yeah, my first birthday as a mom feels pretty amazing. 

Lux is exactly one week old today. She's getting bigger by the day! We tried breastfeeding for the first few days but she wasn't getting enough and she was really fussy at night. We decided to switch her to formula and she is so much more content now and has only been waking up once throughout the night for a feeding. 



We bathed her for the first time this past Sunday. To say she hated it would be an understatement! haha She screamed the whole time until she was back in her clothes, nice and warm. Her hair became so puffy after we washed it! Too cute.



























Well I hope you all have a wonderful day! My day involves this adorable baby and cake. Can't get much better than that :)


18 comments:

  1. Omg!! Congrats!!! She is gorgeous :) what great news. I was just thinking about you the other day, wonderinf if you had the baby yet. Seriously great news :) And happy birthday :D
    P.s. would totally be interested in a labour story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miriam! :) I think I will be writing a labour post!

      Delete
  2. Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY Renee!!! :) It sounds like you had quite the perfect day spending it with Lux. xx

    Jess | Jess in Retrospect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Cake and an adorable baby- it really doesn't get much better than that. I LOVE the fluffy hair after the bath, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I love it too! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. Happy belated birthday! Must be so special to celebrate as a mom now. And Lux is absolutely adorable! What a head of hair. :)

    Via Sora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It definitely feels more special now :)

      Delete
  5. Happy belated birthday! I think having a catheter removed would probably be the best bday gift for me. haha! Glad that's done and out! Sorry you even had to go through that. Lux is precious! ALL THAT HAIR! I'd be obsessed with giving her bath just to see her hair fluffed up like that ;P

    www.misskristine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! Catheters are definitely no fun!! Im giving her another bath today haha I can't wait!

      Delete
  6. Awww Happy Birthday Renee!! And congratulations!! She is absolutely darling, I also had the same issue with breastfeeding and had to switch to formula right away as Oscar lost a lot of weight, we kept getting sent back to the hospital! She is so beautiful and perfect in every way :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much!! Breastfeeding can be so difficult!

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, congratulations! This is so exciting - and how wonderful you're now celebrating your birthday with your new baby girl; really glad to hear both you and baby are safe and well :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lux is beautiful Renee, congratulations on your new baby daughter!!

    Meme xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated happy birthday AND congratulations!!! Lux is utterly delectable. That hair!!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She has so much hair!! haha :)

      Delete