July 5, 2016

A Day In My Life | An Average Day


Hey guys! I thought it might be fun to start doing 'a day in my life' posts where I show you what happens throughout my day. For the first post I thought I should show you just a typical day around here- nothing too exciting but hey, this is what most of my days are like!


My day started at 12:05 am with our first feeding and diaper change. 
She was back to sleep by 12:55 am.


Up for another feeding at 3:40 am. 
I finished watching this movie on Netflix called Mud. It wasn't any good.
Back to sleep we go around 4:30 am.

Lux woke up at her usual time of 5:00 am looking to snuggle so I put her in bed with me and we both slept until 7:00 am and then had another feeding.


While she napped I caught up on reading some blogs.
I decided to hop in the shower and try to get ready quick while she slept..


She woke up like 2 minutes after this photo was taken..little fart! 
I finally finished getting ready in between entertaining her so I then gave her a bath and got her ready for the day.


And then it was time for, you guessed it, another feeding!

Once she was done eating I put her in the stroller and we went for a little walk to my work to visit the girls. We stayed there for about a half an hour. 

When we got back home she had a little more formula and then she was down for a nap.

Lux had a doctors appointment for 3 o'clock and my mom was supposed to take us but I had a little brain fart this morning and forgot to take the car seat attachment out of our car- which Craig had at work. So off we went at 2 o'clock to walk to the doctors!

I didn't take any photos during this time but Lux did awesome! She didn't fuss at all during the whole 3 hours we were out. Her appointment also went great. She now weighs 11 pounds and is above average in weight and length. Big baby! I also had my first experience with being peed on. The doctor wanted Lux stripped off while she weighed her and I asked if I could keep her diaper on because she seriously pees non stop but she said no, we'll be really quick. Sure enough the second I pick her up she pees and my shirt was soaked! I had to walk all the way home like that lol

So it turns out I suck at documenting my days and haven't taken anymore photos!

We didn't do a whole lot anyway. Craig and I went to look at a new apartment (which went very well!) and then we went to Best Buy to pick up a PS4 because our Xbox was literally in pieces.

We went to Walmart after that just to get a few essentials (shampoo and what not) and then I came home, calmed down an extremely cranky baby, ate a very late supper and then went to bed!

I'll get better at these 'day in the life' posts and actually remember to take pictures!

How was your Monday?



10 comments:

  1. I think it's a lovely idea to document your days like this, Renee. It feels very personal and almost diary-like. The first time I got peed on was by my cat, hahaha.

    My Monday wasn't that busy, either. I binge watched Game of Thrones, did some work and went out for a night cruise in the evening. I hope you have a lovely rest of the week!

    MAY | WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to start watching Game of Thrones but I still haven't yet! Hope your week is lovely as well! :)

      Delete
  2. Such a cute little girl! Love her hair and that sweet little face! Hope you're doing well! Waking up all the time to feed a baby is tiring I'm sure :)

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly can be exhausting at times thats for sure! :)

      Delete
  3. I bet you're so tired with all the night time feeds! She is a real cutie though- I'm glad she was so good when you took her out but I must admit I did laugh at the pee story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does get tiring but its getting easier :) I sort of know when to expect her to wake up now!

      Delete
  4. Gosh the nights must be exhausting being woken up every few hours! Though, like you've said, a great opportunity to catch up on some blog reading haha - I do the same if I can't sleep :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Getting lots of Netflix in as well haha :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a lovely post! I can't imagine having to be up so many times during the night but Lux sounds like such a cutie to be with!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete