July 18, 2016

Best & Worst Of Netflix #1

I find myself watching a lot of movies nowadays with being up throughout the night with Lux and staying home majority of the time. In fact, I've been watching so many movies I feel like I could be a professional Netflix movie recommender. So I've decided to start a new series doing just that! 
Kind of..

This is basically just going to be me rating/reviewing the movies I watch and letting you know if you should bother watching them or not.

Side Effects
★★★


This movie started off slow. Actually, the whole movie was slow up until the last 30 minutes or so. It's about a woman who is severely depressed and is put on a new type of drug which has, you guessed it, side effects. There's a nice little twist near the end though. Although it isn't the greatest movie it does have some pretty great actors- Jude Law, Channing Tatum, Rooney Mara and Catherine Zeta Jones. It's something to watch if you're bored.

Step Up 2: The Streets


Ugh...where do I even start with this movie? Usually sequels to really good movies suck. They never seem to compare to the original. Although sometimes you're pleasantly surprised because the sequel turns out to be really good. Yes well, this movie is NOT one of those. Absolute rubbish. The acting was bad, the story was extremely weak and it seemed like they just threw it all together. One big mess of a movie. One thing I was actually shocked at is that Channing Tatum made an appearance. Sadly, even he couldn't make this movie bearable. 

You Again
★★★★


I really liked this movie! So much better than I was expecting when I first put it on. Its about a girl named Marni who was bullied in high school and a few years later her brother is about to marry her high school bully. She sets out to try to show him the truth about her. I definitely recommend watching this one!

The Best Man Holiday


This one was just kind of 'meh'. It wasn't bad but it really wasn't good either. A little on the dull side although I did shed a couple tears during. Also, if you don't pay attention to the first like five minutes of the movie where it looks like they're just introducing the characters, you'll likely miss what most of the movie is about. It sort of tells the stories of what happened between the friends at the very beginning. 


HAVE YOU SEEN ANY OF THESE MOVIES?
WHAT HAVE YOU WATCHED LATELY?

12 comments:

  1. Love this post! I also loved "You Again" when I watched it a few years ago. So funny!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good! I'd definitely watch it again!

      Delete
  2. Oooh good list - been looking for new TV shows or Movies to sink my teeth into! I've only watched Side Effects which was a good movie although quite dark...definitely want to watch You Again:)

    - Lubna | The Digital Review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I've been looking for some new Netflix recommendations. Looks like You Again might be a good choice! Thanks for sharing.

    Xo, Emma | http://grandslamsandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Let me know what you think!

      Delete
  4. Definitely adding You Again to my list!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  5. i haven't seen any of these but i was thinking about watching side effects, i might give it a go anyway :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Let me know what you think!

      Delete
  6. Oooooh I've not seen any of these yet but Side Effects is on my watch-list. Waiting for a rainy day to curl up and perve on Channing...

    Katie xx ¦ lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little Channing never hurt....
      :)

      Delete