July 9, 2016

Cape Breton - Baby's First Visit!


Lux had her first visit to Cape Breton this week! It was also her first really long car ride and she did awesome in the car if I do say so myself!

We had originally planned to stay for 5 days but due to unforeseen circumstances our trip was cut short to a mere two and a half days. What's worse is that 9 hours of those 2.5 days were spent driving!
Oh well, at least we were still able to see our family.




We left on Wednesday and arrived around 3:30 pm.
After we settled in we were all starved so we ordered some chicken from the A & K Lick'A'Chick. And yes, that's what the restaurant is actually called!

After that we went over to see my dad because he hadn't met Lux yet.

At 6 o'clock we went back to my grandparents house and played tv bingo! Its quite fun. My mom's boyfriend ended up winning $500!



The next day was both my grandfathers and cousins birthday!
We went down my aunts place for a bbq and cake.

I'm not sure what was going on with Lux this day. Maybe it was the change in environment but my god she cried almost all day and just would not sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time!

Talk about frustrating!

So I barely took any photos this day because most of my day was spent tending to her. She finally calmed down around 10:30 pm! My poor little froggy was exhausted :(

The next day we had to leave so before we left we all got ready and went over to my granny's house (my grandfathers mother) so we could get some pictures.


That's 5 generations right there!
Its so crazy to me that i'm able to say my 74 year old grandfather still has his mother!
( I hope I inherited her genes....)



After some more picture taking I took Lux out to see Craig's family and then we were on the road again.

So this visit turned out to be mostly family visits. Hopefully next time i'll have Craig with me and we'll get to go out and do some exploring with Lux. Cape Breton truly is beautiful and I would love to show it to you guys!

I hope you all have a great rest of the weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment