July 27, 2016

Fitness Series | Tired of Giving Up


I've never read a quote that rings so true. I can't tell you how many times I've done that to myself. Start a new diet or exercise routine that only lasts about 2 weeks because I don't see instant results and give up. Well, I'm tired of giving up. I'm going to become the healthiest version of myself and I'm going to stick to it. For real this time. I have a daughter now. I want to be able to run around and play with her. I want to show her how easy it can be to live a healthy, active lifestyle. How can I expect her to grow up and be the best version of herself if I can't even do it? 

So today we begin this little fitness series. I'll share with you updates and progress, before and afters, and any new tips and tricks I learn along the way!

First off, let's begin with my starting weight and a little background.

I weighed 168 pounds just before I became pregnant last August. Definitely in the overweight category. During my pregnancy I gained a total of 29 pounds which is actually really good but considering I started at 168 pounds that brought me up to a whopping 197 pounds by the end of my pregnancy! 

I was extremely lucky after I gave birth and somehow miraculously lost all 29 pregnancy pounds within the first 3 weeks postpartum without doing anything. I literally felt like I couldn't move the first month after giving birth because of all the stitches so I have no idea how I lost the weight but I'm very happy I did.

So here I am. Back to 168 pounds (my doctor confirmed this weight at my 6 week postpartum check-up). 

I'll be making healthier food choices and making sure I exercise everyday. I'll update you all on any weight loss, exercise routines I've been following, what I've been eating and any little thing that seems to help me along the way!

Can't wait to start this journey to becoming a healthier me! Any tips you might have are welcome.

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear more about your health journey!!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! :) I'm excited to see where this will go!

      Delete
  2. You go girl! I just started getting back into working out myself and boy it's hard! But I do wanna stick with it this time round and while I definitely do it to lose some kilos not gonna lie, I'm also just hoping it will make me feel better all round. Being healthier, more flexible and as a result happier. So yay looking forward to your updates Renee! Let's motivate each other :) xx

    Jess | Jess in Retrospect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can definitely motivate each other!! And I hear ya! Did my first workout yesterday for the first time since before I got pregnant and my god am I out of shape!! haha

      Delete
  3. Best of luck for the healthier you. You can do it!x

    www.57-days.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete