July 13, 2016

We're Moving!

Hallelujah! We're getting out of here! I'm so excited to tell you all that we have finally found a new apartment to call home. We've only been in our current apartment for about a year and a half but we really needed to find a new place. Mainly because this is a one bedroom and of course, Lux needs her own room. Its fine for now because she just sleeps in a bassinet next to our bed but it won't be long until she grows out of that and needs to be put in a crib.

Another reason we needed to find a new place to live is because of our new neighbours. I won't go into too much detail but i'll be lame and say they're a couple of bad apples. Certainly not the kind of people we want Lux growing up around.

This new place is in a beautiful area. Such a peaceful environment. It's a two bedroom, looks 10 times nicer than our current apartment and rent is $100 cheaper!

We get to start moving our stuff in on the 18th of this month but seeing as we paid the full months rent, we don't have to be out of here until the 1st of August.

There's one small thing that I'm disappointed over though. The new landlord told us we weren't allowed to paint any of the rooms there. Now, compared to every good thing about moving here, not being able to paint is pretty minor but still. I've never lived in a place where I wasn't allowed to paint! I've already envisioned how every room would look! I'm especially gutted over the fact that I can't paint Lux's nursery. We've just gone out and bought some things for her new room and the hideous green color the walls currently display will not go with it at all!

I refuse to feel down about it though. I will be allowed to paint her nursery. I'll think of some way to convince him to let me. I can be pretty persuasive.

Anyway. I can't wait to show you guys the new place! Also, I'm not sure when we'll be able to get internet hooked up there so the blog may go quiet for a few days after the move.

I'll keep you updated as we go!  :)


2 comments:

  1. So excited for you!! All the best of luck with the move and everything :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete