August 5, 2016

Explore N.S | Burntcoat Head Park // Burntcoat, NS


Have you ever walked on the ocean floor? It's pretty incredible. Burntcoat, Nova Scotia is home of the world's highest tides. At Burntcoat Head Park during low tide you can walk the ocean floor in all of its squishy, muddy wonderfulness. It's outstandingly beautiful there but i'll let the pictures do the talking!






You wouldn't dare wear shoes here! Or anything you didn't want to get muddy because this mud is super slippery! I almost went down a couple of times. It feels so nice squishing between your toes though.







It kind of looks like caves under the islands! I tried walking up closer to get a picture in one of the cave-like things but it was wayy too slippery.


There were soo many little periwinkle snails and little tiny hermit crabs e v e r y w h e r e! (they sort of hurt when stepping on them!)






I had so much fun visiting Burntcoat Head Park! Craig and I had gone before about 2 years ago but its so much more exciting being able to take Lux places like this. My mom and brother also came along so that's always fun!

HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED HIGH AND LOW TIDES BEFORE?

If you liked this post you can check out more of my Explore Nova Scotia posts by clicking the link in the sidebar under categories!

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I lived in Nova Scotia for a while, but I don't think I ever made it around to Burntcoat Head Park. Watching the tide come in through the shubenacadie (sp?) river is really amazing. A few years ago I went tidal bore rafting and boy oh boy, the tide comes in with some power!
    Great pictures!

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool that you've lived here before! We were actually looking into the tidal bore rafting for next weekend but its quite expensive so I don't know if we'll be doing it this summer!

      Delete