August 20, 2016

The Best & Worst of Netflix #4

It Follows






































Oh my. This movie was just terrible. I don't know who came up with the idea for this movie but whoever it was should keep any future movie ideas to themselves. The whole storyline was just dumb. Like, after someone has sex, this thing- it- follows them around trying to kill them. "It" is just some random ghost person who can transform into anyone. The only way they can save themselves- at least for a little while- is by having sex and passing it on to someone else. Seriously? So stupid. They at least could have explained what "it" was.

The Last Keepers






















This was about a girl named Rhea who discovers she has magical powers only to find out every woman in her family has had magical powers as well. It was pretty much just her coming to terms with her new life. I believe there's a second movie to this which i'm sure will go deeper into the story. At least I hope so. I still really liked this one though even though not much happened in it. I love any kind of magical movies.

The Edge















I think I like just about any movie involving Anthony Hopkins. He's a fantastic actor! This movie was pretty good. Three men get into an airplane crash deep in the mountains/forest and have to find their way back. They end up being stalked by a grizzly bear which sounds a little far fetched but it actually was entertaining!

The Spectacular Now















I really enjoyed this one even though I'm not the biggest Shailene Woodley fan. I thought the story was great and it kept me engaged throughout. The ending could have been a little better but that's it! It was based off of a novel that I wouldn't mind reading.


10 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear more of these from you as I need new things to watch on Netflix! I adore Miles Teller & Shailene Woodley though wasn't sure how I felt about The Spectacular Now!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that because I watch a lot of Netflix lately! haha Yeah the ending was a little dull for me!

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen it (not a big horror movie movie fan) but a friend told me that "it" in It Follows is supposed to be an allegory for an STD...? Not sure if that's true but it definitely sounds like a strange movie.

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's possible! I never even thought of that! haha

      Delete
  3. Love your blog! Amazing post! x Follow for follow? Follow me first, I'll follow back xxx
    http://pyrramidblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything magical as well! I'll have to check out The Last Keepers. I've been wanting to watch The Spectacular Now for a while so I'll definitely have to check it out soon. It Follows really sounds so bad haha!

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check it out! I think you'd like it :)

      Delete
  5. Hmmm I'm kinda intrigued by that last pick, The Spectacular Now. I'm also not a big Shailene fan but I will have to watch this movie, or maybe read the book!

    ReplyDelete