August 31, 2016

Things Bloggers Do That Annoy Me


























I love blogging. I love bloggers. But sometimes I come across bloggers that do things that I just don't get. Here are 5 things some bloggers do that annoy me:

Follow for follow comments. I had to mention this one first as I'm sure its every bloggers biggest annoyance. It's so irritating when you check your comments on a post and someone says "Great post!! I just LOVE your blog! Want to follow each other? Follow me first and i'll follow you back" ....seriously? There is nothing more annoying to find comments like that. If you "love" my blog so much, why can't you just follow it without asking me to follow yours first? That's what I do when I find a blog I love. I hit the follow button.

Complaining about not getting followers. I've come across quite a few blog posts, surprisingly, where the blogger is actually complaining about not getting enough followers or that its taking too long for them to hit a certain number or even comparing themselves to other bloggers and whining over the other blogger getting more followers than them. It's a little ridiculous. Maybe its best to be grateful that you have even one follower!

When they won't comment back. I think this is my biggest annoyance. There are way too many bloggers out there who never reply back to comments left by readers. I can maybe see someone who has like 10,000 followers not replying back to all of their comments but I've seen countless blogs that have very little followers and they still won't reply. Even if there's only like 2 comments on the post. I mean someone is taking the time out to read what you've written and are kind enough to leave a comment. The least you can do is simply reply back even if its just a Thanks for reading! I know high volumes of comments may be overwhelming and maybe you're too busy to reply back but honestly its not impossible. Shout out to Rebecca from the blog From Roses who has almost 50,000 followers and replies back to every comment she receives!

Those who write sponsored content only. Pretty self-explanatory. Sponsored content is fine but when every single post is sponsored and you never know if the blogger is being genuine or not, it gets rather annoying.

Beauty bloggers who never show what a product looks like. This is a small annoyance but an annoyance none-the-less. When I'm reading an in-depth review on a foundation or lipstick I get rather annoyed when I don't get to see the actual product on the person. I like seeing how something wears before I decide if I'm going to spend any money on a product. I don't plan on rubbing the lipstick on my arm once I purchase it!

If you're one of these bloggers than I don't mean to offend. These are just things that annoy me personally!

WHAT ARE SOME THINGS BLOGGERS DO THAT ANNOY YOU?


8 comments:

  1. I think my pet peeves are the same as yours really. Follow for follow is the ultimate sin isn't it? You hit the nail on the head really - if I like it, I'm there. I don't need anything in return. I'm not a big fan of the follow-unfollwers either, those who follow and unfollow on various social platforms, is it attention seeking? is it supposed to make me think 'oh yeah, I totes want to follow them?' WHAT IS IT???

    I might be (frequently) late but I do try to reply to all comments, if someone's taken the time to leave one it's just good manners.
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad someone else has the same pet peeves as me! I didn't want to come off as rude haha I just don't get the follow for follow comments!! I would never be able to leave comments like that!

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with all of these! Especially the follow for follow comments (that's the only ones I don't reply to if it's only like "Thanks for sharing this. Follow me on Bloglovin and I'll follow back" I mean: NO, just no!) I always check out people's blogs if they leave comments or follow and if I like what I see then I will follow their blog but these comments are just rude. I always get excited when people leave comments on my blog as it just tells me that there's people actually taking the time to read my ramblings and be nice enough to leave me some kind words - I don't want these people to ruin it. Haha can you tell it REALLY annoys me :D
    Oh and those people who never answer comments! I mean I get it, you have a life and stuff but so do I and even if sometimes it takes me a week to answer a comment I sure as hell always reply! It's not that hard, what do you have a comment section for if not interacting with the people who read your blog?!
    Well I'm gonna stop rambling now as I'm starting to get annoyed simply by thinking about these things haha! xx

    Jess | Jess in Retrospect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha so glad you get it!! Really though, what's the point in having a comment section!? That's one of the BEST things about being a blogger is getting to interact with other people!

      Delete
  3. Ugh the follow-for-follow comments drive me bananas when I see them!! I just don't understand the point of leaving comments that totally ignore the content written by the blogger!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! You can clearly tell that they haven't even read your post!

      Delete
  4. Ahhh I can relate! I never like when with a sponsored post a blogger regurgitates information from the brand and there is no personal spin on it, it feels like just an advertisement with no person behind the screen! It also makes me sad when I adore a blog's content but they post so few times. It is often when they are pursuing youtube or another project, but I prefer their blog content more xD xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally know what you mean!! There were so many blogs I loved and patiently waited for more content that never came.

      Delete