September 21, 2016

Blog Exposure Opportunity!

Okay, so. 

I've been thinking a lot lately about blogging. The blogging community to be more precise. To be even more precise the lack of "community" there seems to be in the blogging world lately. 

I've only been blogging for two years now but even in that short amount of time I've noticed a slight decrease in the amount of support bloggers show other bloggers. I don't necessarily mean the bigger bloggers because they still seem to get tons of support but I'm talking about the smaller guys. 

I remember when I first started blogging and finally got a few followers. 

People supported my blog and I supported them right back. Always commenting on each other's posts. Honestly, these people felt more like my friends than just some random readers. It felt nice.

I don't get that feeling anymore. I don't feel like I have a group of supporters (friends) anymore. And it really doesn't feel nice.

I don't think its intentional really. I think blogging has just become this thing that everyone wants to do. And instead of actually engaging with and supporting other bloggers its all become about who gets the most followers.

Trust me, I'm not saying every blogger is like this but I feel like the sense of community is lost. But I think we can get it back.

I've decided starting October 1 I am going to feature a blogger of the month on my blog.

I want to focus mainly on the smaller blogs so I'll only be giving this opportunity to blogs with 500 or less bloglovin followers.

If you are chosen for Blogger of the Month your blog button will be featured in my sidebar all month long, there will be a shoutout to your blog at the end of every post I write for the month, I will re-tweet any blog related posts on Twitter, and finally an interview post at the end of the month showcasing you and your blog.

By the way this is all free of charge of course! I'm not looking to sell ad space. I just think its time that I give back to the blogging community a little bit :)

If you're interested in becoming Blogger of the Month please send an email to rjessome544@gmail.com with the subject Blogger of the Month and leave a link to your blog. Remember, only blogs with 500 or less bloglovin followers! If I don't receive any emails regarding this I will actively seek out blogs myself and ask if they wish to be featured...just because! :)


6 comments:

  1. Blogger of the Month is such a great idea! Lovely post!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet idea for those with under 500 followers :) Very sorry to hear there's a loss of sense of community in blogging lately Renee - I certainly consider you a friend!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much Gabrielle! I definitely consider you a friend as well xx

      Delete
  3. Aw this is such a lovely idea! Twitter is really good for blogger community an support :) you should check out @grlpowrchat - the twitter chats are awesome!

    The Velvet Black | UK Personal Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted to join a few twitter chats but i'm so utterly clueless when it comes to twitter! lol

      Delete