September 19, 2016

Dresser Turned Buffet | Furniture Makeover

As some of you may know we have recently moved to a new apartment. This apartment came with more space than our last one which means more furniture to fill it up with! We found an old dresser on Kijiji (a website just like Craigslist) for $60. Initially I wanted to do it over and use it as a TV stand in our living room but it was much too big to fit in the corner SO we decided to use it as an accent piece (a buffet if you will) and I am so so happy with the way it turned out!!


























Here it is before. Well, not exactly how it was before. I forgot to take a picture when we first bought it but there was originally 3 drawers along the top and Craig built a shelf inside instead of having the drawers. Like I said we were supposed to use this as a TV stand so the shelf was put in for the Xbox and stuff to have a place to go. Either way I think it turned out quite nice with the shelf instead of the drawers!




I am so in love with how it turned out!! Its definitely my favourite piece in the apartment at the moment. We used the paint colour 'Touch of Grey' and then just white paint along some grooves which I think made it pop so wonderfully! The handles were spray painted white also but for some reason they came out looking more grey than white. 

This piece will be used to display picture frames and other little things so i'll show you how it looks once I have everything the way I want it! 

Here's a little side by side to really get an idea of the before and after..

 Let me know what you think! I also just re-painted an old antique mirror a pretty funky colour that will be hung above this so i'll show you that once its complete!

Thanks for reading! 

6 comments:

  1. Oh that turned out so pretty! I'm loving the colour scheme <3


    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the white and grey together too!

      Delete
  2. That turned out amazing! I wish that my boyfriend would take initiative to help fix up things like that haha - we bought a teak dining set off of kijiji when we first moved in, in May... and he has the chairs halfway refinished LOL. (although each chair takes like 4 hours to strip off existing stain so I guess I can't complain too much.)
    The white accents certainly do make it pop! What a great way to re-purpose a dresser!

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it probably helps that i'll nag Craig to death until he gets something finished for me! lol

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness the difference in this is insane! Can you two decorate my house?! Ahaha I wish I was this good at DIY xxx
    http://www.samanthafrances.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah just grab some paint girl! Anyone can do it :)

      Delete