September 5, 2016

East Hants Historical Society Museum


























Those of you who are long time readers of this blog know how much I love hittin' up museums! I know its kind of dorky but I don't know what it is about them, I just love museums. Anyway, we came across this one and it was free admission so we popped in!

The East Hants Historical Society Museum is a non-profit organization devoted to the promotion and preservation of history within East Hants. Pretty much everything in there was donated by residents of East Hants.



























The thing I was the most awestruck about was the painting inside the museum. The walls were gorgeously painted and the volunteer worker told us that a man painted the walls and ceiling with a peacock feather! Impressive.




























I didn't take many photos because the volunteer was kind of lurking around us the whole time and I felt a little uncomfortable snapping pictures of everything.

HAVE YOU BEEN TO ANY MUSEUMS RECENTLY?

10 comments:

  1. This museum looks absolutely gorgeous, and I'm a total fan of visiting museums too!! I was just at the Met in NYC the other week and I loved walking around and geeking out over all of the art!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Museums are awesome! I bet any museum in NYC would be amazing!!

      Delete
  2. I'm completely with you on appreciating museums - they can be fascinating :) How impressive the walls of this one were painted with a peacock feather; that must have taken quite some time haha!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very impressive! The volunteer said the man received room and board for the painting!

      Delete
  3. Wow, just a peacock feather? That's awesome. I absolutely love museums too, they're like a window into history.

    XoXo Noma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noo, museums are so cool, nothing wrong with being interested in history and that! That chandelier is massively impressive also, looks proper nice in there!

    https://paigeunread.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it beautiful!? I couldn't stop staring at it!

      Delete
  5. I love it when museums are free admission! I think they should all be, so many more people would take an interst! This one looks really pretty and gosh that was some hard work painting all of that with just a peacock feather! Amazing. xx

    Jess | Jess in Retrospect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be nice if all museums were free! I think you're right. A lot more people would go to them!

      Delete