September 30, 2016

The Best & Worst of Netflix #5

The Call
















Fantastic movie! I love a good thriller and this one did not disappoint! It kept me interested and on the edge of my seat the entire time. A 911 operator receives a call from a girl who's been kidnapped by a man who kills blonde teenagers (if you watch it you'll find out why only blonde teenagers). The operator helps the girl through everything over the phone. Its really good!

A Haunted House 2




















I don't know what it is about these types of movies but I love them. The 'parody of other movies' type of movie. Think Scary Movie, Epic Movie etc. I watched A Haunted House a while ago and I thought it was pretty good so when I saw the second one on Netflix the other day I couldn't help but watch it! I found it really funny. Kind of 'stupid funny' but I like that every once in a while. I watched. I laughed. I give it 4 stars.

Daddy's Home






















I was slightly disappointed by this one. I still liked it but I was wanting to see this one for a while and it just wasn't as good as I was hoping. I hate when movies just like jump right into the story- do you know what I mean? I like the story to build. They definitely jumped right into this one and it felt kind of rushed. It had a typical storyline of two dads (one step) that competed for the affection of their children.

Criminal Activities
























I'm not usually one for crime based movies surprisingly since a lot of my favorite books are crime thrillers but this one was okay. A group of friends borrow money from the mob (unaware) and end up needing to do some pretty sketchy things to pay the mob back. It was a little slow throughout the entire movie and it would have only received two stars because of it being boring BUT the ending had a pretty nice twist and it sort of made the movie for me.

Hell and Back






















This stop motion animated movie is definitely not for kids. I mean I guess the title sort of implies that but still. Three friends end up in Hell because one friend broke a blood oath and got sucked into a portal and the other two friends go down to save him. I did like it but I really don't think it would be everyone's cup of tea.


4 comments:

  1. I also really enjoyed The Call - such a gripping film and although I very rarely watch films more than once, I could see myself watching that one again!!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good!! I wasn't expecting to like it that much!

      Delete
  2. It's great to hear your thoughts, you've saved me a lot of time! I've heard a lot of people say similar things about Daddy's home which is a real strange considering the potential with the great stars! And I was exactly the same with The Call, it was fantastic!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really though! I'm usually a huge Mark Wahlberg fan but I just wasn't as impressed with this movie!

      Delete