October 7, 2016

Choosing A Colour Scheme For Your Blog Design

Long time readers of this blog know all too well how often I change the design. What can I say? I love coming up with new looks and quite frankly, I just get bored so darn quick.

I'm definitely no professional when it comes to blog design but I can't see me paying $50 for a pre-made template from pipdig when I know I'm going to become bored with it shortly after and want a new design. If you're anything like me, maybe you'll find these posts helpful!

One of the best tips I can give when it comes to designing your own blog is to choose a colour scheme that works. I've seen so many blogs where the colours just do not mesh well. It really takes the whole look of your blog away and having a nice colour scheme will make your blog look ten times better.

I wanted to share with you a website I found a little while ago that has 100 colour combinations already put together. There are some amazing combinations to choose from.

Side note- this isn't a sponsored post or anything. I stumbled upon this page while looking for colour combinations myself one day.

This is where I've actually found my current colour scheme.

























So #FFCCBB Sunrise is used for my header, the dotted line under my post titles and in my archive list. #6EB5C0 Blue Topaz is used for the tabs at the top of my blog, links, post titles and the 'washi tape' sidebar images. #006C84 Cerulean was used in my header also and for the post dates and finally #E2E8E4 Icicle was only used as the hover colour over my links.

It's actually tons of fun searching through colour combos and creating your design around them.

Here are a few of my faves from the site...






























Aren't they pretty!? You can find the website by clicking here. I know I'll be keeping this page handy because you all know I'll be changing it up again at some point!

QOTD

WHICH COLOUR COMBO DO YOU LIKE BEST?



CHECK OUT THIS MONTH'S BLOGGER OF THE MONTH!

RAWR BOWS

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN BECOMING THE NEXT BLOGGER OF THE MONTH PLEASE CHECK OUT THE 'BOTM' PAGE AT THE TOP!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun way of choosing/selecting your blog colours! I have to admit i think i've kind of neglected my blog design for a while now - long overdue for an update! Your current blog's colours are gorgeously Autumnal :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool way of selecting your colours. I never even thought to do this. Thank you for the idea! I will definitely be doing this in the future :)

    Laura x | https://goo.gl/ol1LKz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fab I love all these different colour combos! I always just pick my fave colours but this is a great way to do it :)

    Anoushka Probyn - A London Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes it so easy and shows how many great colours go together that you would never even think of!

      Delete
  4. Oh that's a neat part of the website - I use canva for all my post title pictures but haven't really ventured into looking at their other pages lol! I love those colour combinations and I can definitely relate to getting bored of your blog theme... that's why I switched to black and white haha.

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol even if I switched to black and white I can guarantee I'd be changing it up again in no time!

      Delete