November 23, 2016

5 Things To Quit | Trying To Please Everyone


























I'm not even sure how to start this so I'm just going to jump right in. I have really low self-esteem. Like, really low. To the point where I feel depressed most days. My anxiety levels often shoot through the roof and I'm left feeling deflated and confused. I don't like feeling like this. I hate it actually. I want to feel good about myself. I want to have confidence and set an example for Lux.

So that's what I'm going to do.

I found this quote that listed five things you should quit in order to feel happiness. So I've decided to write a five post series discussing each topic and how I'm going to change and hopefully start to build some self-esteem. Maybe this little series can help someone else who feels like this.

TRYING TO PLEASE EVERYONE

This is a hard one to beat. It's not that I want to please everyone. I just have a hard time saying no to people. I hate when someone asks me to do something face to face because I honestly can't say no to them. I always end up feeling guilty. But why? Why should I feel guilty for saying no to something I really don't want to do. People say no to me all the time! And it's not the end of the world.

It's totally okay to want to do things for people. I'm not saying that's bad. But when you know certain people are asking things of you because they know you won't say no, well, that's being taken advantage of. And we don't deserve that.

I know for me, I constantly put myself on the back burner. I go out of my way to make someone else feel good, I sit and listen quietly while the other person talks about their problems and I offer whatever advice I might have. But I've also noticed that there isn't a whole lot of people who do the same for me. So many times I'm left feeling like my problems don't matter. Like no one even wants to listen when I talk. Yet they've come to expect this out of me. Because I let them.

It's time for that to change.

I will always help others out who are in need but I will no longer try to please everyone. I will no longer put myself last. I will no longer feel guilty for not doing something. Especially if its something that makes me unhappy or uncomfortable.

I'm happy about my new journey to self-esteem, self-love and confidence. I hope you enjoy coming along on this journey with me!

DO YOU EVER STRUGGLE WITH TRYING TO PLEASE EVERYONE?

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THIS MONTH'S BLOGGER OF THE MONTH


6 comments:

  1. I can totally relate unfortunately, if you're a nice, approachable person. you have to learn to be assertive and say no sometimes. As I'm getting older, I've also had to learn to hold back a little and put myself first, even if it means I'm not as "nice" anymore. It just got exhausting having to deal with people's, frankly cheeky, requests!

    - Lubna | The Digital Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! When I did get up the courage to start saying no to certain people I'd get remarks like weeell, somebody's getting some balls. But like, they didn't mean it in a nice way. So annoying!

      Delete
  2. It makes me sad that some people think just because someones nice and polite that somehow means they can take advantage of them. I've struggled with this so much either with work or friends. I feel so incredibly rude saying no to people but it also doesn't help that I've had people in my life who won't accept a no from me. Like if I say no, they'll be really annoyed with me and I'll feel even worse. I've got a lot better recently as there's been so much crap happen to me this year that I physically can't keep putting everyone else's needs first. I loved reading this post. I hope things get better for you and you manage to build your confidence! If it's any consolation I think you're great! Looking forward to this series! :) xxx
    http://www.samanthafrances.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound exactly like me!! Its totally not fair for people to become annoyed with us just because we don't want to keep doing things for them!

      Delete
  3. I agree with everything here. I need to stop pleasing people. It's driving me crazy. I do things I don't want to because I can't say no! Good luck hun. You can do it! I have overcome a lot and trust me, you can!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is it so hard to say no!! But yet, it seems so easy for other people to say no when its the other way around!

      Delete