November 7, 2016

Do I Regret Not Getting My Driver's License?


























For as long as I can remember, getting my license was never a priority to me. At sixteen while all of my friends were out taking driving lessons and getting excited about their first cars, I just...wasn't. I had zero interest in driving. I can't even think of a time when I actually thought well maybe I should get them? 

Now I'm 26.

I still don't have my license and I have to ask myself whether or not I regret that decision.

To put it simply- yes. I do regret it.

If you asked me that even just a year ago I would have said no, I don't regret it. Because then, I still wasn't interested in driving. To be honest I'm really not even interested now.

The only reason I want my license now is because of Lux.

See, once you have a baby, the benefits of having a license far outweighs the negatives.

+ I CAN GET HER TO APPOINTMENTS
We moved to a new apartment back in July and its kind of far from where we used to live. I've tried getting us a new family doctor out here but they are all full and not taking anymore patients which means we have to drive almost an hour to any doctors appointments we might have. The drive isn't an issue but since I don't have my license Craig has to take work off whenever we have appointments just to drive us there. Him missing a day of work to take us to an appointment is just unnecessary.

+ WE WOULDN'T BE STUCK IN THE HOUSE EVERY DAY
This is a big one for me. Our new apartment is on a very busy road and there aren't any sidewalks so I can't even take Lux for any walks. We literally spend every day- Mon to Fri- at home. If I had my license we could go to parks and to walking trails. We could go run errands and buy groceries. We could do anything.

+ IN CASE OF EMERGENCIES
You have no idea how much it stresses me out thinking about something bad happening- especially to Lux - and I wouldn't have any way to get her to a hospital. Yeah, that's definitely the biggest benefit of having my license right now.

So, with all that being said, I'm going to write my beginner's license sometime this month and hopefully have my full license soon.

I can't help but feel like it would have been so much easier if I just would have gotten them when I was sixteen. It's like I'm afraid of learning to drive now. Oh well. It's time to face that fear! I'm actually getting kind of excited about it...

DO YOU ENJOY DRIVING?

DON'T FORGET!
CHECK OUT THIS MONTH'S BLOGGER OF THE MONTH!

ANIKA MAY

4 comments:

  1. I waited a really long time to get my driver's license as well, mainly because I never needed it! I was lucky, but eventually had to go through the rite of passage. As long as you're driving defensively, you'll do just fine. :]


    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I'm so nervous to drive haha

      Delete
  2. I do enjoy driving but what kills me driving into traffic and crazy drivers,Really enjoyed reading this post.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what scares a little is other drivers! haha

      Delete