November 16, 2016

Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Foundation-Review


This was supposed to be my first review for my new Best of the Best series but I realized back in March I reviewed the Maybelline Dream Velvet foundation so I guess this is technically my second review for the series. Oh well! On with the review!

First thing I have to say; I FREAKIN' LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. Ahem...now that that's out of the way..

Today I've got the Better Skin foundation to show you. It claims to be a skin transforming foundation with actyl c, known for its antioxidant benefits and your skin is supposed to look better and transformed in 3 weeks. 

Well, I used this for a week before reviewing it for you guys and I don't know if this foundation had anything to do with it but I had pimples galore around my mouth and chin area that just would not go away. Seriously, I had them for like a month and a half straight. After a couple of days using this foundation I noticed they finally started to go away. Like I said, I don't know if the two had anything to do with one another but hey, I'll take it!

As always, my pasty butt needed to go with the lightest shade in the bunch- 10 Porcelain Ivory- and I am SO impressed with the colour match. I think its perfect. The bottle doesn't indicate what skin type this is best for but this to me is definitely a matte foundation and would work best for someone with combination/oily skin. With that being said I have normal to dry skin and while it does cling to dry patches a little- I totally love it. Its not that noticeable. 

Here's a before and after for you. I apologize for the quality- I don't have decent lighting and my camera is threatening to crap out on me daily..

This is just one coat of the foundation by itself. No primer, moisturizer or concealer. I think it covers up redness beautifully and evens out my skin tone quite well. The packaging claims all day colour wear but I mean, I never wear makeup all day so I would say it definitely lasts a good 8 hours.

This has become my favourite foundation as of late and I give it a solid 9 out of 10. (only because it does cling to a few dry patches).

Oh, and it isn't too expensive. Like $12.96 at Wal-mart I believe.



WILL YOU TRY THIS FOUNDATION?
IF YOU HAVE, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ARE ON IT!

UPDATE** Definitely moisturize before applying if you have dry skin. I still stick to my original rating though.

other posts:

CHECK OUT THIS MONTH'S BLOGGER OF THE MONTH


8 comments:

  1. It looks like great coverage, I will defo have to try this out :)

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coverage looks fab. I've tried the UK version of this and love it, I don't think it contains Actyl C though, which is a shame as I'd love to have seen what magic it worked for my skin.

    Laura x | http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you love this too! Yeah that's too bad..although I don't know for sure whether or not that even had anything to do with my skin clearing up!

      Delete
  3. I haven't used a drugstore foundation in ages, so I'm glad to see this one being a skincare and makeup product in one!

    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's a pretty great foundation!

      Delete
  4. I'll have to give this a try! Your skin looks flawless! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Let me know if you like it!

      Delete