November 30, 2016

November Blogger of the Month | Anika May

Hey everyone! Since its the end of November its time for the blogger of the month interview! This month went to Anika from the blog Anika May. Let's jump into the questions..


























+ TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR BLOG.
Sure. Hello lovely people! My name's Anika, I'm a Yorkshire-based blogger and the girl behind Anika May. I'm a countryside girl and absolutely love photography. I work part-time for two amazing charities I run with my mum, Clothing Solutions and Beaneezy. Anika May began as a fashion-only blog, but as I got to know more about the business and my interests were broadened, I write about basically anything, from cool events and OOTDs to nature photography and life tips! 

+ WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START BLOGGING?
I started my blog because my dream was to become a fashion journalist as a young teen, and I thought my own little corner on the internet would be a great way to start and get a few more skills. I grew up in the fashion industry so magazines were a huge influence on me and inspired me to follow fashion. I also came across bloggers like Patricia Bright and Zoella who really motivated me to just be myself online and love what I do. 

+ WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT SO FAR BLOGGING WISE?
If I had to pick one, I'd have to say making some new friends. I'm ridiculously shy, so being able to talk to people at events and even attend events on my own is a huge stepping stone for me. Since starting my blog, my confidence has improved so much because I've started to believe in myself, and that feeling is the most rewarding achievement I could ask for. 



+ WHAT TYPE OF POSTS DO YOU ENJOY WRITING THE MOST?
Any sort of lifestyle post. Whether it's a 'how-to' or just an honest post about what I've learned in life, hoping it will help others. It's great to see discussions in the comments section too. As much as I love fashion posts, the photos are a huge part of that and sometimes I can't write a deep post about an outfit!

+ 3 WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOUR BLOG BEST.
Sincere, exciting, friendly.

+ NAME TWO OF YOUR FAVOURITE BLOGS THAT YOU FOLLOW.
I absolutely adore Levi Nguyen's blog, TLNIQUE. Not only is the design stunning, but her photography is also always on point. Another blog I think is amazing is The Sweetest Thing. Emily's style is wonderful and she's so beautiful!



+ FAVOURITE POST YOU'VE WRITTEN THIS PAST MONTH AND WHY?
It's got to be the Next Spring 2017 Press Day post. The day was amazing because I got to travel to London with Next to check out some of their new collections, and photograph everything. I enjoyed writing the post so much because I felt like a little fashion journalist, finding trends and just typing away...

+ ANY ADVICE FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO START THEIR OWN BLOG?
Be you! Trying hard to fit the mould of other successful bloggers just won't work. Everyone will have a different path to their own definition of success. Blogging should be a hobby or career that you love, and you can't love something if you can't be you!


Thank you so much Anika for taking the time to answer these questions! Everyone make sure you head over to her blog and check it out!



4 comments:

  1. Lovely blog Anika and great to get you know you through the questions too!


    We are Dannah - PERTH lifestyle blog

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking her blog out! :)

      Delete
  2. I think being you is the most important advice you can give to new bloggers! I'm going to check out Anika's blog right now.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad you're going to check it out :)

      Delete