December 9, 2016

Our New Christmas Eve Tradition

Holiday traditions are my absolute favourite. One of the things I was super excited for when I found out I was having a baby was thinking about all of the new little family traditions we'd be starting.

When I was a kid, every Christmas Eve we were allowed to open one present and we were given our new pyjamas to wear. I want to do something similar with Lux. Every Christmas Eve she'll be allowed to open a present. It'll be the same thing every year. Well, not the same "things" but you know...I'll just show you!



























In her Christmas Eve box she'll always have a new pair of pj's, a Christmas movie that we'll watch as a family that night and a Christmas book we'll read before bed. As she gets older we'll throw a snack in there as well to go with the movie. Popcorn or something!

This year we got her some super cute footy pyjamas from Joe Fresh, the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas and the book The Night Before Christmas.


























I am so excited for Lux's first Christmas and any new traditions we might come up with over the years.

DO YOU HAVE ANY TRADITIONS YOU FOLLOW AROUND THE HOLIDAYS?

20 comments:

  1. This is such a cute tradition and I love the original Grinch movie!! We used to open one gift on Christmas Eve too!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! One of my faves for sure :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely tradition, the pyjamas are so cute! I hope you have a wonderful first Christmas with Lux :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! :) I'm sure it'll be amazing!! I hope your Christmas is wonderful as well!

      Delete
  3. This post literally made my heart melt! This has been a tradition in my family for years and something I want to continue on with my daughter! love this !

    Stacey White
    www.staceylouisewhite.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's so cool that this is something you've done for so long!! :)

      Delete
  4. This is such a beautiful post and such a good idea. Your daughter will remember the festive period with a smile on her face and those memories will last a lifetime.

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm hoping for :) I want her to always remember her Christmases being the happiest times!

      Delete
  5. This is such a lovely tradition, thanks for sharing it!

    Carolyn x
    Stained Glass Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  6. This is so adorable and something I've always thoughts was SUCH a sweet tradition! :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I couldn't wait to have my own kid one day so I could do it with them :)

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love this tradition! We always spent christmas eve at our family friends' house (they opened all their presents at midnight!) so we never had christmas eve boxes or anything like that and I can't wait to start that up whenever I have kids in the future! I'm also so excited for you for your daughters' first christmas, you must be looking forward to it so much! xxx http://www.samanthafrances.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes!! I've been looking forward to this since last Christmas when I was pregnant! haha

      Delete
  8. I adore this idea! It wasn't something we did personally as I grew up but I actually would love to do an adult version of this for me and my boyfriend! :-)

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should!! It would be just as fun! :)

      Delete
  9. This is so cute, what a great tradition. When I was little, I always had to wait to open the gifts in the morning, so sometimes I would wake up at 6. ahaha

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha we used to get up superr early too but would have to wait until our parents got up!

      Delete
  10. AW what a lovely idea - I'll be remembering this one for the future! Those pjs are super adorable, I hope you have a lovely Christmas & Christmas eve! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you do as well :)

      Delete