December 14, 2016

Snow, Haircuts and Chinese Food

So it's Wednesday. A regular posting day and I've got no content to post. I have a few drafts here but they aren't complete so I can't post them. I'm a little annoyed at myself because I've had content ready to go three times a week since September.

Only a little annoyed though

Because I'm still posting. You and I, we're just going to have to settle for a nice chat.

So if you don't like chatty posts, click off now. This one's going to be a rambler.


























I've got my prune-covered offspring to my left laughing at me while I butcher Jingle Bell Rock.

Looking at this picture makes me realize how none of my bedding matches and how much that drives me crazy. I've been meaning to get a new matching sheet set for months and, honestly, I don't even want to anymore because I've grown bored with this duvet set. I kind of hate that about myself. I get bored with things way too easily. I'm lucky that doesn't happen with people.

There's a lot of snow on the ground now. It's been snowing for days -snowed yesterday the most- and it looks so beautiful outside. I've come to realize I'm much more of a winter gal. I love the sunny, hot Summer weather but there's something about the cold, crisp air I live for. It's refreshing. I just dug my boots out of the closet and walked down the driveway to dump a stinky lobster shell in the green bin. mmm my first lobster of the season. 

I just finished reading In a Dark, Dark Wood this morning. It was really good. I may do a review on it. I've been trying to take more "me" time. I used to read a lot but haven't been recently since having Lux. It's been going well. Getting back into the swing of reading has done the mind some good.

The boyfriend finally cut his hair. The hair he has been growing for the past year. I was excited at the thought of a haircut. Even he was excited, which was odd because he never wants to cut his hair. He kept telling me he was going to get a mohawk. I was not feelin' it. I thought he was joking but when he came out...there it was. And I have to say - momma was really feelin' it. 
It was nothing like I imagined. I thought he'd walk out of there looking like a punk straight out of the 80s but no. It's a clean cut, shorter, more "modern" mohawk and it suits him really well. Yes, I quite like it indeed.

I've got leftover chinese food basically screaming my name out there. I can hear it..
And I've got a rumble in my stomach so loud you might be able to hear it. But alas, I must feed the child first. So I'll end this now. Let me know if you like these chatty posts. I do. I like reading little snippets of people's lives. But then again, I'm extremely nosey.

Tell me something that's been going on in your life lately!

10 comments:

  1. The idea of Chinese food sounds so good right now! Lovely post.

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh leftover Chinese is the best!!

      Delete
  2. I wish my boyfriend could grow longer hair! He's in the military so he has to cut it short every two weeks. Such a bummer! It's nice to change things up once in a while.

    Lux is so adorable in that picture, look at that cute smile! I can imagine how much work it must be to raise a little one. Baby steps to getting more "me time!" Reading is a great way to escape the world for a little bit!

    Lovely post, Renee! Hope that you have a great weekend!

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to change things up once in a while. Especially when you're together so long. It sounds weird but its kind of exciting? haha when your partner tries out a new look.

      It's definitely trying at times raising a baby. It can be somewhat frustrating to feel like you never have time to yourself so its very important to take that time!

      Thank you very much! I hope your weekend is wonderful :)

      Delete
  3. My boyfriend has been growing his out for a long time now too! I tease him every once in a while that he should cut it, but I think he's grown to attached to it now ;)
    Xx
    Amanda Gouthro 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I cannot even HINT at Craig to cut his hair because if I do, he'll let it grow forever haha He has to be the one to say he needs a haircut. Boys.

      Delete
  4. I've always thought you live in such an amazing country, but the one thing I'm not jealous of is the snow!! Thank goodness we rarely get it! I bet it's different when you're used to it though.

    I'd love to see a review on that book. It sounds like something I read as a kid.

    Danielle xo
    http://www.underlandtowonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think you do get used to it! I mean I do truly love the snow but even still, coming on the end of winter I am MORE than ready to see the snow leave haha

      I think I will do a review on it! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm definitely more of a winter person too. I love dressing in cosy jumpers and I love how fresh the air feels, I'm so jealous you've got snow! I hope you enjoyed your Chinese food! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesss cozy sweaters! <3
      My chinese was delicious, thank you :)

      Delete