December 21, 2016

Those Avril Lavigne Vibes

Me and Avril Lavigne; we go way back.
When I was in Junior High she was my favourite artist. She was also my ultimate style icon. I loved her music and her clothes. But most of all I loved her hair.

I guess you could say I styled it in a way that resembled hers....



























And by that I mean pin straight. Every. Single. Day.

(Before you think I'm too crazy, I didn't dye my hair the same colour. That just happens to be my natural colour)

I kept that same style for the rest of Junior High and majority of High School. It wasn't until 12th grade that I started experimenting a teensy bit with the curling iron.

I haven't even thought about Avril Lavigne for the longest time. It wasn't until the other day while I was trying to think of songs to play for me and Lux to dance around and sing to when I remembered how much I used to love Avril's stuff. I put on a playlist and I was instantly reminded why I used to like her so much.

While watching a few music videos I couldn't help but think how amazing her hair looked and I must say, it's got me itching to try something new out with my hair.

Now I have no intentions on going back to the pin straight look anytime soon but I'm totally loving these looks;





















That pony tail thoughhhh!

I've never felt so bored with my hair as much as I do right now. I'm in dire need of a new look.

WHO WAS YOUR STYLE ICON AS A TEEN? DO YOU STILL LIKE THEIR STYLE NOW?

2 comments: