January 1, 2017

2017 Goals


Happy New Year you lovely bunch! We'll start January (and bloguary) off by writing out some goals I have for this fresh new year. I don't like resolutions so setting goals for myself works out a little better.

P E R S O N A L  G O A L S

[show my body some love] I'm tired of trying to "diet", I'm tired of feeling bad about myself. This year I'm going to approach the subject differently. This year I'm going to choose to love my body. I want to love my body so much that I put more healthy foods in it. I want to love my body so much that I'm going to work out and let it feel good. I'm going to choose to love my body instead of hating it.

[read more] I love reading. I used to read a few books a month but since I've had Lux its a little harder these days to find the time to read. I'm going to pick it back up though. Even if I only get through one book a month I'll be happy.

[learn a few relaxation techniques and actually use them] Last year the doctor diagnosed me with extreme anxiety/depression and sometimes it really gets the best of me. I choose not to be medicated because I'm just not the type to take medication for something I can learn to control myself. At least I hope I can learn to. I'm going to find ways to relax my mind and body and try to feel less stressed about things I can't control. I've been watching a lot of ASMR videos on youtube and they actually really help for relaxing.

[start budgeting our finances] Dealing with money is one of my major anxiety triggers. I constantly worry about our finances. Even when there's no reason to. Craig said he'll take over the finances completely so I don't have to worry anymore but I feel like I'll still worry if I have absolutely no idea what's going on with it so we decided we'll work on them together. This is the year we pay off most of our debts. I'm determined!

B L O G G I N G  G O A L S

[step up my blogging game] For the last few months I've been posting every Mon, Wed and Fri and it's been nice but I feel like it isn't enough. I used to post every second day and I found my blog gained more traffic and more interaction that way. I miss feeling like part of the blogging community and I want to get back in to it. So after this month I'm going to try to go back to posting every two days instead of three times a week.

[reach 600 bloglovin followers] This isn't high on my goal list but it would be nice if I could reach 600 by this time next year! I find its becoming harder and harder to get followers these days so it's okay if I don't.

[write more quality posts] Along with writing more I also want to write better quality posts. Not every post needs to be amazing but I'd like to put my all into whatever I write.

I'm going to work hard this year and achieve these goals. Tell me one goal you've set for yourself this year!

4 comments:

  1. Reading more is a goal for me this year as well! I can't believe I ever stopped. Good luck to both of us on sticking with it! ;)

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Once you start reading again you realize how much you love it! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on showing my body some love! I'm tired of looking down and not being happy. I don't do any exercise whatsoever so even if I go for a gentle walk once a week, I'm making more progress! I love that you're setting a goal to blog every other day, I've just decided to go down to once a week ahaha!! Looking forward to your posts in 2017, and I wish you all the best with your goals! :) xxx
    http://www.samanthafrances.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Wishing you a great new year :)

      Delete