January 12, 2017

A Day in My Life | A Typical Day For Me

january 11th
a rainy, gloomy, sick day



8 : 0 0 a m - Lux sleeps until 8 most mornings now 👌 so we got up to face the new day. Craig was home sick from work. I think we both got food poisoning off of some meat we had the night before because I was sick that night and he got it the next morning. Not good. So he fed Lux her bottle while we watched an episode of No Tomorrow on Netflix. Pretty good show. I recommend it!




























8 : 4 5 a m - Breakfast for me. Peaches and Cream oatmeal, an orange and some almond milk.



























9 : 0 0 a m - Had to give my smelly baby a bath. I love that she loves bathtime now. Makes it so much easier. After that we got her all ready for the day. I received a huge bag of hand-me-down clothes for her so I've been trying to wear something different on her everyday. It's become my mission to make use of everything she has.


























9 : 4 5 a m - Out like a light for her first nap of the day. She always falls asleep pretty early in the morning which is kind of strange. You'd think where she just had like 10 hours of sleep she would stay up for a while longer but nope. She loves her morning naps. I took this time to relax and catch up on some blog reading.


























1 0 : 4 5 a m - Lux woke up so we read two books together.

1 1 : 0 0 a m - Fed Lux some mixed grain with fruit cereal. She loves food! There isn't a whole lot she won't eat.


























1 1 : 1 5 a m - Playtime for Lux while I cleaned the apartment. I think babies need a healthy balance of one on one playtime and alone playtime. They need to learn to play alone so they aren't afraid of doing things without you.


























1 2 : 3 0 p m - I finished cleaning and Lux was down for another nap so I took this opportunity to finally get myself ready for the day.

1 : 0 0 p m - Lunchtime. A delicious turkey sandwich and a bowl of mixed veggies.

1 : 3 0 p m  T O  5 : 0 0 p m - We didn't really do much between these times. I curled my hair and played with/snuggled Lux. Watched a bit of Netflix. Not much to document.



























5 : 1 5 p m - We got all bundled up and headed out. We went to check the mail and then to the grocery store.

6 : 0 0 p m - I fed Lux one of her most favourite purees- vegetable, beef and spaghetti...yum- while Craig made supper.



























7 : 0 0 p m - Suppertime! We don't normally eat so late- usually around 530/6 but we were out so yeah. We had chicken breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing and corn. So good! We always like to watch a show together while we eat and right now we're watching The Walking Dead. We've only just finished season 5 tonight. I'm super excited to catch up with the current episodes.

9 : 0 0 p m - After a bottle Lux went to bed for the night so for the rest of my night I just went on the computer, hung out with Craig and played a little Stardew Valley. (anyone out there who has played Harvest Moon as a kid, you MUST get this game!)

Let me know if you guys like these types of posts. I wouldn't do them all the time because this is what my life looks like most days and it would just get repetitive and boring. But I might do them if I know I have something going on that day!

THANKS FOR READING :)



8 comments:

  1. Aww Lux looks so cute in her winter hat!! Thanks for sharing your day with us!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that hat! haha Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I love 'A day in the life' style posts, they provide a little insight - and yours is so cute with all the adorable photo of Lux! Have a lovely weekend with your family Renee :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gabrielle! I hope you have a fantastic weekend yourself! xx

      Delete
  3. Look at that fresh out the bath hair! Lux is so pretty, just like her Mammy!! Bless you guys having food poisioning, it's not nice but I hope it cleared quickly!
    I love these types of posts!

    Danielle xo
    www.underlandtowonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Danielle! You're too sweet :) It certainly isn't fun but yes, it did clear quickly which was great!

      Delete
  4. Great photos!

    http://enchantedclub.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete