January 8, 2017

Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life (A.K.A The Rory Gilmore Rant)


Well, I've finally watched Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life and I thought why not share my thoughts on it? I'd like to start by saying Gilmore Girls is one of my favourite shows so I had really high hopes for this new four part series. 

I'm just going to cut to the chase....I wasn't too impressed by it.

Don't get me wrong, I did like it. I thought it was very well made. I absolutely loved the fact that all of the original characters were back but it just didn't live up to what I was expecting. The first episode was great. It got me excited. Then Spring rolled around and I found it to be a little boring? But it was still okay. And then Summer came...

My god. Who ever thought it was a good idea to add in that dumb musical scene!? I use the word scene lightly because let's face it, it took up majority of the whole episode! Or at least it felt like it. One song from the musical would have been enough for us to understand the whole thing was pretty cringy. I really don't think we needed to sit through like five different songs. I actually turned that episode off three different times because I couldn't take it anymore. 

Fall was more of the same for me. I just didn't feel like the stories for each season were all that exceptional. How many times did we have to watch Lorelai pack her hiking bag?

And Rory. 

Rory, Rory, Rory....

I'm sorry I just do not like Rory Gilmore. I haven't liked her since about the fifth season of the original Gilmore Girls series. I think what bothered me the most was how everyone always had her up on this pedestal. Like she was this perfect, intelligent, good kid. To be more precise I think her actions with men are what made me dislike her...

She had Dean- started having feelings for Jess while stringing Dean along- Got with Jess- Broke up with Jess- Slept with Dean while he was married- Started dating Logan- kissed Jess while dating Logan.

And now, in this new series she's secretly sleeping with Logan while he's engaged to another woman while dating some boy named Paul. 

Sorry about that rant! I just can't with her. 

As for the rest of the cast, still love them! I don't think Christopher aged a day! Emily still looks fantastic and I love her more mellow attitude. And Sookie showing up was awesome!

I'll only say one thing about the "final four words"....meh. Not too impressed.

I'm sorry to anyone who really liked this series. Just thought I'd give my honest opinion on it.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT ABOUT IT. DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING I'VE MENTIONED?


8 comments:

  1. I agree that Rory got a bit on my nerves too. However, I think that's the point. That she isn't perfect, that she makes mistakes (especially with men) which so many women do. At least I have friends who has done similar things. So I think I'ved just learned to take her, Rory, with a grain of salt. I liked the revival too but it wasn't amazing. I still want to watch the next season :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I suppose that probably is the point haha I think I just have this thing when it comes to cheating/wrecking someone elses relationship so I have no tolerance for it at all haha I had no idea there was going to be another season.

      Delete
  2. I've never actually watched Gilmore Girls and this review is definitely not making me want to pop it on. It's a shame you weren't more impressed by it!

    katie xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the original Gilmore Girls is really quite good! But if you end up watching that you may be a little disappointed when it comes to the new series.

      Delete
  3. I still haven't finished watching this, but I hear so many mixed feelings about it!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. You'd definitely have to finish it yourself to see how you feel!

      Delete
  4. I haven't gotten a chance to see the four part series, but I have to agree on your thoughts regarding Rory! Once I watch it I'll have to come back to this post and share my thoughts! Thanks for sharing! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh for sure! Can't wait to hear what you think!

      Delete