January 20, 2017

My Nova Scotia Bucket List























Even though I've lived in Nova Scotia my entire life, there are still plenty of things I want to see and do here. What better way to motivate myself and be able to keep track of everything then by writing a bucket list! Some of these things Craig and I have already done BUT I'm making this list for us to do as a family. So when I add 'as a family' to an item that means we've done it already but want to enjoy the experience with Lux as well. Now this is going to be a pretty huge list so you don't have to read it. This is really just a reference for me to keep coming back to.

1// GO WHALE WATCHING ON THE BAY OF FUNDY
2// DRIVE AROUND THE CABOT TRAIL
3// TIDAL BORE RAFTING IN THE SHUBENACADIE RIVER
4// EXPLORE PEGGY'S COVE AS A FAMILY
5// CAMP IN KEJI AS A FAMILY
6// VISIT EVERY PROVINCIAL PARK
7// WALK THROUGH THE HALIFAX PUBLIC GARDENS AS A FAMILY
8// VISIT CITADEL HILL
9// HIKE THE SKYLINE TRAIL
10// EXPLORE THE FORTRESS OF LOUISBOURG
11// GO TO THE ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL MUSEUM
12// ANNAPOLIS ROYAL HISTORIC GARDENS AS A FAMILY
13// CAPE BRETON MINER'S MUSEUM
14// GO TO VICTORIA PARK
15// HIKE MIDDLE HEAD TRAIL
16// EXPLORE THE HIGHLAND VILLAGE
17// JOGGINS FOSSIL CLIFFS AS A FAMILY
18// UISGE BAN FALLS AS A FAMILY
19// HIKE CAPE SPLIT
20// INGONISH BEACH AS A FAMILY
21// OAKLAWN FARM ZOO AS A FAMILY
22// BURNTCOAT HEAD PARK AS A FAMILY aug 1/2016













23// SHERBROOKE VILLAGE AS A FAMILY
24// ATTEND THE OLD FASHIONED CHRISTMAS AT SHERBROOKE VILLAGE
25// GO ON A SLEIGH RIDE IN LUNENBURG
26// FUNDY GEOLOGICAL MUSEUM
27// TANGLED GARDEN AS A FAMILY
28// ROSS FARM MUSEUM AS A FAMILY
29// THE OVENS NATURAL PARK AS A FAMILY
30// SEAFOAM LAVENDER COMPANY AND GARDENS
31// HATFIELD FARM AS A FAMILY
32// EGYPT FALLS
33// UNIAKE ESTATE MUSEUM PARK
34// COSSIT HOUSE MUSEUM
35// DILL'S ATLANTIC GIANT PUMPKIN FARM
36// STAY AT WHITE POINT BEACH
37// AFRICVILLE MUSEUM


I'll probably add to this over time as I find new things to do around here!

16 comments:

  1. This is such a great list!
    I've been to the White Point Beach before - beautiful! It rained the whole time we were there, so it wasn't the best weather for a little vacation away!

    Cape Split is a BEAST! but absolutely worth it in the end! Noah and I hiked that a couple years ago and it was such an awesome day! The view is breathtaking (even though I'm terrified of heights so that was a little scary)! I did have blisters on all of my toes though, so I haven't gone back!

    Amanda Gouthro 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha we've been wanting for hike cape split for yearss now but still haven't gotten around to it!! Hopefully this summer :)

      Delete
    2. Sounds like an awesome bucket list! I'd love to go whale watching at the bay of fundy.

      xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

      Delete
    3. I have wanted to go for yearss now! I have no idea why I haven't yet!

      Delete
  2. Sorry, didn't mean to leave my comment as a reply to the other comment! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been living in the same area as well for over 14 years now. But still, there are a lot of things I want to discover and experience. Goodluck with the list!

    Xeph | Misadventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't realize how much there actually IS to do where you live!

      Delete
  4. Going whale watching sounds amazing! I love this bucket list you have for where you live!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it!? I think we'll do it this summer :)

      Delete
  5. I have that you've created a list of things you'd still like to do and experience in the place you've always lived, I think I may just do that for my general area too! We forever think of where we want to travel to overseas, and forget what could be just on our doorstep - or at least fairly nearby! :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh for sure! Exploring my home is one of my most favourite things to do! You should definitely do it :)

      Delete
  6. It's amazing that there are so many incredible things to do where you live! Whale watching would definitely be top of my list if I lived there :)

    Jodie x
    The Traveliste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there are so many things I didn't add to this list (which I probably will later :p) I think you can find amazing things to do no matter where you live! :)

      Delete
  7. It's really refreshing to read a bucket list that isn't set halfway around the world, I love that you've focused on where you already live, making it all even more accessible! You've come up with some wonderful ideas!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm super excited to get started on this!

      Delete