January 15, 2017

Oh Happy Days #8

You read that title right! I'm bringing the happy days back (again) but this time for good! In case you don't know Oh Happy Days is a series where I post every Sunday about the happy bits that happened the past week. Sort of like your typical Wonderful Wednesday posts you see going around but I just feel strange posting about my previous week in the middle of the week, you know? Reflecting on Sundays with a fresh new week ahead of me just makes me feel better. What makes Oh Happy Days a liiittle bit different is that I not only post what has made me happy during the week but I share a happy quote, happy photo and a shout out to a blog I love for the week as well!

Now that that's out of the way...ON WITH THE HAPPINESS!


 THE MOTIVATION TO BLOG. I think my blogging mojo has come back! I've felt inspired and motivated to get back to blogging regularly and really put my all into this blog. Let's hope this feeling lasts throughout the rest of the year and doesn't fizzle out anytime soon!

♥ THE ROAD TO RECOVERY. I feel like I'm finally taking the steps I need to try to beat my anxiety/depression. And I feel pretty darn good about that right now. Finally admitting to myself and to Craig the extent of my depression has really put things into perspective for me. I'm finally talking out my worries, I'm trying my hardest not to let other people bring me down and I went to the library and got an anxiety self-help workbook that I'm really enjoying reading. I feel good.

♥ LUX'S FAKE LAUGH. She seems to have learned how to "make" herself laugh and its the funniest thing in the world. I wish I could share it with you.

♥ STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE. Omnomnom. That's all I have to say.

♥ LUX STOOD ON HER OWN. Proud mama moment happened on Friday. We practice standing every day with us holding on to Lux but on Friday she showed me that she can stand alone for about two minutes straight! I just know she'll be walking before she turns one 😊

♥ WEEKEND DRIVES. We hopped in the car and went on a super long drive on Saturday. We used to do this all the time but for some reason we stopped. I forgot how happy it made me doing that.




Beth's blog Toasty has been on my reading list ever since I started blogging! No matter what she chooses to write about whether its cruelty-free beauty, vegetarian posts or a delicious recipe I find myself drawn to her blog! She's a wonderful writer which makes reading her posts so enjoyable! DO make sure you check out her blog!



I'm so happy to be bringing this series back on the blog. You don't realize it but it does a world of good to sit and think about all the things that have made you feel good over the course of a week.

Since I'm going to be keeping this series going, I would LOVE if any of you wanted to link up on Sundays and do your own version of Oh Happy Days! You don't have to add in the quotes, photos or blog of the week. Just share whats been making you happy :) Let me know in the comments if you want to link up! #ohhappydays
Have the most wonderful day :)

16 comments:

  1. Love your quote of the week, it's soo motivating :)
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these kinds of posts - they are my fave. I'm glad your anxiety is getting better, there are some really good books out there so I hope it helps!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're my favourite too! :) Thank you. I never thought reading books about it could help but it definitely does!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely way of spreading positivity! :) It all sounds like a lovely week. Epecially the Saturday drive! I love that too :)

    https://noshandchat.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful week! :) Drives are the best! xx

      Delete
  4. Love it. Please check out my new post on all things hair colour!

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    Instagram @alionawithlove

    Twitter @alionawithlove

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh! What a great post, it's so motivating! Thanks for sharing. :)


    April of: https://beybiapril.wordpress.com/
    IG: @aprilnunezzz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you that your motivation has returned! And how cute that Lux is making herself laugh? I say she's cute every time haha but that's adorable. Thank you so much for the mention, I'm so glad you're enjoying what I write! ♥ xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no problem!! I love your blog :)

      Delete
  7. I love the idea of this blog post. There's so much negativity going around that it's nice to get be positive. I to suffer from anxiety and I believe I have suffered from depression before, so I know how important it is to take the steps to beat it.
    The quote is totally true! x

    New follower :)

    LAURA ­| Laura Thinks About

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear you also suffer from anxiety xx One day at a time :)

      Delete
  8. I'm so glad to hear you are conquering your depression and anxiety ! This is something I need to work really hard on too. I have a lot of problems with it as well xx Thinking of you.

    ReStyled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) Reading self-help books have Really been helping!! I 100% recommend it. Wish you all the best :)

      Delete