February 3, 2017

Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Review


Up next in the Best of the Best series is Maybelline's Dream Liquid Mousse foundation. Some of you may remember the good old high school days when everyyyyone wore the dream matte mousse and had perfectly orange tinted faces.....let's not go back to that. 

You may fear the 'dream mousse' name because of that but I say fear not! The liquid mousse is slightly better than the matte mousse.

I'm in the shade 10 Porcelain Ivory and obviously, by the looks of my photo, I've used quite a bit of this foundation already so it must not be too bad right?

As usual here is a before and after photo. I thought this was prime time to do a foundation test for you because my face decided to hate me and sprout like 6 pimples all over my chin. Thanks face.

(I know the lighting is off in these photos but I only have the natural light from my window to work with and the sun was being a bugger and kept going behind clouds but you can still get the gist from the photos. ANYWAY)

This foundation is a little on the slick side. Not greasy but not matte (obviously, duh Renee. I'd be getting out my trusty MATTE mousse if I wanted matte). The colour matches quite nicely but as you can tell, it doesn't cover blemishes all that well. It does an okay job but I wouldn't call this full coverage by any means. Lasting power isn't too great. Maybe four to five hours. 

So I'm giving this foundation a 5 out of 10 stars. Colour match is good, great if you just want a lightweight, low coverage foundation. But other than that I'd just skip this one altogether.

other posts in the series;



2 comments:

  1. I think it looks gorgeous on you, but thank you for your honest review! I am loving your blog too, keep up the hard work, you are doing amazing! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's means a lot :)

      Delete