February 15, 2017

Museum of Natural History | Here Be Dragons

The Museum of Natural History is one of my favourite museums to visit. Craig and I have gone a few times before but this visit was Lux's first. The thing I love most about this museum is that while they have their constant exhibits (wildlife, ancient artifacts, etc) they always change up a section of the museum showcasing a fun, new exhibit.

This time around....DRAGONS!

Seems odd for a history museum to highlight a mythical creature but that's just what it was about. The myth and legends about dragons throughout history.

I love anything magical or mystical so this was right up my alley. (warning: photo heavy post!)











































The dragon section obviously didn't have any "dragon" artifacts but there were a bunch of cute lizards and information about komodo dragons.







Something that I thought was interesting is this fossil two men found in 2006. It's a dinosaur fossil but it really looks like it could have belonged to a dragon. They named it Dracorex Hogwartsia after Harry Potter.

We had such a great day. Lux is still too small to understand where we were but she loves being out and about and seemed to be having fun :) Whenever we take her somewhere we try to buy her a little souvenir so we picked up this cute little fox nightlight. 

WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN LEARNING ABOUT MYTHICAL CREATURES IN A MUSEUM?

6 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE this!! This is me all over!! And look at how much fun Lux is having haha, so cute. I'm going back to the Natural History Museum in London at the end of the year hopefully so I don't need to be jealous for too long - I could literally live in museums like this.
    Really awesome photos too!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too!! I could have stayed there all day! I'd love to see the Natural History Museum in London.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a great time! I love your blog's new look by the way!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a wonderful time! :) Thank you very much!!

      Delete
  3. I haven't been to the Natural History Museum for years, but I do love it there! This looks like such a fun new exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so different! Definitely interesting :)

      Delete