March 26, 2017

Sugar Moon Farm | Earltown, N.S

I am that stereotypical Canadian who loves anything maple flavoured. Cookies, fudge, syrup, donuts...if it's maple: get in my belly.

When Craig suggested we visit a maple sugar farm my obvious answer was a big fat yes!


On the farm you can do a variety of things: hike the many trails surrounding the farm, eat a delicious maple brunch, give snowshoeing a go, take the maple sugar tour and even try sugar on snow. 

We booked ourselves in for the three o'clock tour and had a little time beforehand so we decided to try the sugar on snow and then rented some snowshoes. I was super excited because I've always wanted to try snowshoeing! 


























We got to roll our own snow around the maple sugar! It looks kind of weird but it was soo good!

We didn't have much time to try snowshoeing but we managed to go for a little walk.






















































When it was time for the tour I have to say I was a teeny bit disappointed. While I greatly enjoyed learning how the farm gets/makes the maple sugar I was hoping we'd actually go on a tour of the farmland and see the trees in action but the whole tour was held inside two small rooms. One room showed what the trees looked like while having the taps on them and the other room showed us the huge boiler where the maple is boiled down.





Of course we couldn't leave without buying some maply-goodness.We bought a small jar of maple butter (I have no words to describe this but AH-mazing will have to do) and some little maple leaf shaped maple sugar. Also delish.


We had such a wonderful day at the farm. I tried snowshoeing, got my maple fix and learned something interesting. I think we'll definitely go back again some day.

Do you like maple?



8 comments:

  1. I love maple! Although I've never tasted proper Canadian maple I don't think.

    That sugar on snow looks so interesting, I've honestly never heard or seen anything like that before either- it's so unique!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl it's SO good!! I'll have to do a giveaway with some proper Canadian maple included sometime ;)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful and perfect! I follow you blog, please follow me too. http://alamodenatine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can completely imagine how delicious the maple butter must taste, oh my gosh - I've never seen or heard of anything like this before; definitely something I'd like to experience at least once in my lifetime! So glad to hear you had a good time there as a family :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice | Worldwide Hotel Chocolat Giveaway x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh it's SO good! We've just been dipping our fingers in it and eating it haha (as gross as that sounds) I truly hope you do get to experience it one day! :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds liel a great palce to visit! I don't think I've had anything more authentic that 'maple flavoured syrup' from a UK supermarket which I don't imagine is quite the same thing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still tasty but no, you need to try the real deal :p haha

      Delete