April 3, 2017

10 Months Old





























Wow, ten months old. At times I can't quite believe Lux has already been with us for ten whole months, but yet, other times it feels like she's been with us forever. She's so smart. Like, blow my mind smart sometimes and she's such a little ham. She has inherited her dad's funny personality, that's for sure. In the past month she...

LEARNED TO PLAY PEEK-A-BOO
Peek-a-boo is a game you start playing with your child almost immediately. It's so much fun when they start peek-a-booing you! While we're laying down Lux will pull the blanket over her head and tear it down really fast. I still have to say peek-a-boo when she does it but that doesn't stop her from repeating the action over and over :)

SHE CAN CLAP HER HANDS
Seems like a small feat but hey, anything your kid learns feels pretty special to you :)



SHE HAD HER FIRST BIG ACCIDENT
You may have already read the post I wrote about it here but Lux had received second degree burns on her legs due to an accident while we were at a restaurant. She had to get them wrapped for a week and once the bandages were taken off I couldn't believe how great they looked. It's incredible how fast a baby's body can heal. Obviously they aren't fully healed and we still need to use cream and massage the burns four times a day so scar tissue doesn't build up but ultimately they look amazing. After a few days she was back to her happy, smiley self :)

bandaged legs

SHE HAS TEETH!!
Her two little teeth on the bottom have popped through!! When I first saw them I wanted to cry haha I feel like we've been in the teething process foreverrrrr (which is no walk in the park) so I wanted to do a happy dance when those pointy little nubs came through. It should only be a matter of time before the top ones arrive.

SHE CAN BRUSH HAIR
Okay so it's not perfect but when she's holding a brush and I ask "can you brush mama's hair" she'll run the brush over a section of my hair. She'll also try to do it to her own hair. It's super cute.




HIGH FIVES ALL AROUND!
My smart little cookie gives high-fives when she's asked! Although she likes to give multiple high fives at once haha

SHE GIVES KISSES
She has become such a loving little girl this month. Anytime you ask for kisses or even make the kissy face, she'll lean over and give you a great big slobber. It's even more adorable when you don't ask for one and she just comes over and kisses all over our cheeks.



























SHE'S EATING FINGER FOODS!
We've recently started her on finger foods and it's been so much fun! She's had cucumber sticks, tiny pieces of cheese and baby rice rusks. She also loves these little Love Duck snacks. They're kind of like cheesies but they're apple and carrot flavoured instead.

I hope you guys enjoyed her 10 month update!
I feel like this was a pretty big month for her :)

4 comments:

  1. So crazy how different babies are! My daughter is also 10 months and she has 9 teeth!

    Bless though she is a little cutie and she still looks so happy and content even though her legs are wrapped in bandages!


    Stacey x
    www.staceylouisewhite.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that's so funny! She's definitely late on the teeth train but myself and her dad were also late getting teeth as babies! :)

      She was a trooper when it came to her legs! So proud of her :)

      Delete
  2. She's growing up fast, such a sweetie! I'm so glad she recovered from her accident so quickly too ♥ xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, too fast!! I can't believe there's only two months left until she turns 1!! I'm glad too :) Babies heal so quick <3

      Delete