April 1, 2017

How To Make Any Nail Polish Matte

I absolutely love the way matte nail polish looks on fingernails. I don't know why exactly. I just prefer this look over the usual shiny polished look. I first came across matte nails while looking on pinterest one day and I fell in love! The only problem was I couldn't find this matte nail polish anywhere. Accepting that I'll never have matte nails (unless I went to a salon, which, mama can't afford to be doing that on the regular) I moved on. Until one day...

I found the product of my dreams.


Cue the bells and whistles.

Essie's Matte About You Top Coat. This stuff is amazing. You can use absolutely any colour nail polish (the packaging says to use with any essie nail colour but I'm sure they just say that because obviously it's their product) and it'll turn your nails matte.

Here's a before and after of my nails. *excuse the messy nail painting.

I originally wanted to wait until my nails were nice and long before testing it out but I couldn't wait any longer. I decided to Spring it up a bit and went with essie's Tart Deco (one of my fave's). I applied two coats and then one coat of the Matte About You. It transformed in seconds! I'm in love with the results. 

I couldn't be happier with this product. It gives my exactly what I was looking for and can do this with literally any colour I want. I think I paid around $9.00 for this at Walmart. The same price as any essie nail polish there and it's definitely worth the money. 

Q. Do you prefer the look of shiny or matte nails more? 
Also let me know if you've ever tried this and love it as much as I do.



6 comments:

  1. Oh this makes me so excited! I love matte nails as well. This looks great!

    xo, mikéla davelyn / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such an awesome product! I totally recommend trying it :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a clever idea and will actually save money in the long run! I'm sure which I prefer but now it doesn't matter as you can have both depending how you feel!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It'll save a lot of money in the long run :)

      Delete
  3. What a really cool product!

    Adrianna x
    http://mimamochi.com/

    ReplyDelete