April 26, 2017

The Ladybug


Today I watched a ladybug crawl along the curtain in my room.
A speckle of red upon white.

Watching her crawl with such determination..
Like she knew where she wanted to go..
I felt a sense of calm wash over me.

I wonder where she's headed?

She moved so fast I lost sight of her.
But as quickly as she left I see her right in front of me.
I see a tiny flicker of wing as it folds back under her shell.

Her small body hides her wings perfectly.
You would never think they were there.

She doesn't use them often.
Only when she really needs to.

If only I were a ladybug.


8 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!!! :)

    http://lifewithpaigeashley.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute poem! Ladybugs are my fave. Love it when the sneak into my house haha

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! The only cute insects!

      Delete
  3. Aww this is so sweet Renee, love that you're sharing your poetry on your blog :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! first one...might be the last :)

      Delete
  4. This is lovely :D
    The are the sweetest lil bugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes they're pretty darn cute :)

      Delete