May 7, 2017

So Many Changes!


I know I haven't been keeping up with my posts lately (even though I keep telling myself I will) but there seems to be so much going on, changes are happening and I just can't keep up. They aren't bad changes though. For once, things seem to be going okay.

let's get this one out of the way first...
A change in blog design. Been there done that a million times already but I thought it was worth noting. I quite like it this time so hopefully I'll keep it this way for a while.

my new gluten-free dairy-free diet...
To put it simply, it's amazing. I've known for a while that I'm very sensitive to dairy products. Countless times I've gone dairy free but I was never able to stick with it. While it helped with some of my stomach issues I would still feel pretty crappy even though I completely removed dairy from my diet. I wouldn't notice any "real" changes so I would always give up and start eating dairy again. Well, a little over a month ago I decided to stop with the dairy again and after a lot of research I learned that majority of my issues can be symptoms of a gluten intolerance. I don't want to go into too much detail here because I think I'll write an entire post dedicated to what made me think about going gluten free and why I actually decided to remove gluten from my diet but to make a long story short for now, I have never felt better since going gluten free. For once in the 10 years that I've been struggling with losing weight I am finally seeing results. Anyway, like I said, I'll go into more detail soon in another post.

bye bye crappy apartment...
We're finally leaving this god awful apartment. I won't bore you with all of the reasons why it's so awful in this post but you can check out the post I wrote back in January appropriately named 5 Reasons I Hate Our New Apartment. By the end of this month we'll have everything packed away and heading to my mom's place to stay for a few months. Living here royally kicked our butts financially (thanks to the lovely power bills we were getting) so it was decided that we should take some time to stay with my mom and save as much as possible to get some debts paid. I'm actually really looking forward to this. I feel like there's this huge weight lifted off of me and I can finally breathe again.

Lux has also been dealing with some fabulous changes of her own lately but I'll wait to write about those in her update next month :) Also! I'm on the verge of making a huge hair change!! I'm like 95% sure I want to do it but I'm not quite there yet haha So keep a look out for that in the near future!

WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE LATELY?


12 comments:

  1. That's so exciting that y'all are getting out of your apartment! Spring really is the perfect time for change!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm so happy to finally be leaving here! :)

      Delete
  2. Hope you are feeling better! I have digestion issues too but can never seem to figure that out!
    https://theoraclejournal.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling much better! Thank you :) Hope you figure yours out soon!

      Delete
  3. I'm curious to see a post on going gluten free! I try my hardest to go predominantly dairy free for my skin but I've never researched the health benefits of going gluten free aswell. Also loving the new blog design <3 xxx
    http://www.samanthafrances.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I'll definitely write a post about it soon!

      Delete
  4. Well the blog is looking grand for a start!
    You must be so excited about moving! A nice fresh start can be wonderful - I think I'm too lazy and settled to move anytime soon but it would be lovely to have a new place to fill with junk! ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh a fresh start is SO needed right now! haha I'm beyond excited!
      & thank you! I'm quite pleased with the design at the moment :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you're finally able to get out of the apartment! The new blog design looks lovely btw, I really like the colours you've chosen :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm so beyond excited to leave haha A fresh start :)

      Delete
  6. First time reader over here. Really interested to hear more about your Gluten Free diet and maybe some recipes in the future. I have been GF since Sept 2015 and the difference in my health has been outstanding. For years my doctors shrugged and put it down to IBS.

    P.S Hoping you made the leap with that big hair change. Change is good.

    www.hellosaralou.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. My body hasn't felt this good in so long (if only I could calm my anxiety down I'd be downright jolly!) I'll definitely incorporate more GF and DF posts on my blog in the future.

      Still haven't made the leap yet haha but it'll happen. Soon. :)

      Delete