May 11, 2017

The Answer To My "Perfect" Foundation Finding Dilemma

For a long time, like, a real long time..I've been on the hunt for THE perfect foundation for my skin. I can't count how many different kinds I've tested. Sometimes I would try one and absolutely love it at first but then after a few wears I just end up hating it like most of the other foundations I buy.

For me, the perfect foundation is lightweight, matches my skin perfectly, doesn't show my dry patches and covers any blemishes.

And guess what?

I've finally found the answer.

Are you ready for this?




NO FOUNDATION!!

BAM! That's it. The only thing I'm going to use now is a little concealer for my under eyes and a little bit of blush.

No. My skin is not flawless. Yes. I have red areas and large pores but honestly, this now looks better to me than seeing foundation slathered on my face.

I don't know why it's taken me so long to realize that I don't need nor want to wear foundation. Maybe I've finally seen the light or have had some sort of life changing epiphany...I really don't know. But it just happened. I was getting ready one day- about to apply my foundation (which literally smelled exactly like latex paint) and I thought no. I'm just going to use a bit of concealer under my eyes and see how that goes.
And you know what? I really liked it.

I liked how it looked. I liked how it felt. As strange as it might sound I felt FREE.

For the first time in a long time I was totally and completely okay with how my face looked without foundation.

No longer will I have to pay to slather my face with harmful chemicals.
No longer will I look washed out because the closest shades to my natural skin tone are ghostly.
No longer will I fret about the fact that my foundation still clings to all of my dry patches even though I moisturized beforehand.

Yes. It feels good.

I'm not telling you to go through your makeup and toss out all of your foundations- that's not my place. But I do urge you to at least give the no foundation thing a try! Even for one day.

You might be surprised to find out how much you actually like your natural face. I sure was.

Q. DO YOU GO FOUNDATION-LESS? 
IF NOT, DO YOU THINK YOU'D EVER GIVE IT A SHOT?



4 comments:

  1. I totally agree, my no make-up days are my best days and being able to rub my eyes when theyre free of mascara is amazing!

    Abigail Aliceđź’• | Check out my Morphe 350 Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I haven't worn mascara in years (due to an allergy) but once I stopped wearing it my eyes felt so much lighter!

      Delete
  2. I'm so pleased to hear you've found a way that works well for you! I tend not to wear foundation in summer, when my skin isn't so deathly pale haha, and it can be super refreshing. You have beautiful skin, by the way!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice | Worldwide NARS Beauty Giveaway x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely feels a lot more refreshing! & Thank you so much :)

      Delete