August 3, 2017

Half Year Goals (for a happier me)




























I set some New Year goals in January (which I'm failing hard at btw) and I thought why not set a few more! This time though, they're goals which (I hope) will help me become a "happier" me.

[ COMPLAIN LESS ]
We humans, are creatures of habit. Believe it or not, constant complaining- about nothing- is habit. I'm not entirely sure when I fell into this habit but when I sit back and think about it I do complain an awful lot about nothing. Things that shouldn't bother me, things that DO bother me and sometimes even things that I don't feel any particular way about. Just another excuse to complain. And guess what? It's annoying. Not only to myself but I'm sure it gets annoying to others. I feel annoyed when I'm around someone who complains constantly and here I am doing the same thing. So for my first goal and my first step to feeling more happy- I am going to try to complain less.

[ SEE THE GOOD IN THINGS FIRST ]
Too often am I quick to judge, quick to respond and quick to jump to conclusions. I'm going to try to sit back and look at the positive side to things before I form any opinions.

[ STOP WORRYING ]
I am a constant worrier and I honestly need to stop. It's not healthy to worry as much as I do. I don't think it's even sane to worry as much as I do. I carry far too much stress for someone my age. My premature white hairs (yes, white) are proof. I'm forever worrying about my health (health anxiety is not fun) and I seem to be the one who worries over money the most even when there isn't much to worry about. It's hard to not worry but I'm going to try my best to control it a little better.

[ START RUNNING ]
Even though I know I NEED to exercise, the thought of running never really appealed to me. That is until I raced Craig down the road to our car one evening and I felt incredible even running that short distance. I'm going to make an effort to run every day in the early morning.

[ INDULGE A LITTLE ]
Ever since having Lux and worrying constantly about our finances I find I never want to spend money on myself or make excuses as to why I shouldn't buy something. Well, I'm trying to convince myself that every now and then it's okay to indulge a little.

So five goals. Five goals that will hopefully help me to become a happier, better me.

TELL ME A GOAL YOU SET FOR THIS YEAR OR IF YOU SET ANY HALF YEAR GOALS YOURSELF!





8 comments:

  1. It's really been a goal of mine to stop worrying as much as well, sometimes I think no one could possibly ever worry about small things as much as I manage to!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh tell me about it! Worrying always gets the best of me!

      Delete
  2. I had to run to the post box yesterday and it nearly killed me, so I'm determined to make running a more common part of my routine!
    Good luck with the rest of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Running will probably kill me for the first little while but hopefully it'll get easier haha

      Delete
  3. I love these goals! I need to stop worrying as well, it's all I do and it drives me mental! I also need to stop putting so much pressure on myself!

    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It drives me crazy too! Hopefully we can both kick the worrying!

      Delete
  4. I hadn't really thought about setting half-year goals but it's a really good idea, especially if you've set goals for the year and you want to see how much progress you've made. Good luck with everything, I'm a massive worrier too so I understand where you're coming from! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete